Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Wonder what tipping over looks like

NeilW

This was my second day on the road bringing my new T7 home from Los Angeles to Portland OR. Was on Hwy 1 and stopped to put on warmer clothes. This happened before I installed the Camel ADV short kickstand. Bike stood too tall with the lowering links and was very tippy getting on and off.  This was drop #1 ( there are now 9 other drops and 1 crash). Music is what I was listening to on my Sena 10C Evo. Turn the sound DOWN. I listen to a lot of crap when on the road...

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

that was a weird way to get onto the bike. just put your left foot on the left footrest, stand on it and swing over. putting weight on the left footrest will prevent it from tipping over.

Edited by Kowalski

It was too tippy.. like a high Wire act balancing act to put a foot on the oeg and swing over. Keeping my left foot on the ground helped keep the bike leaning left- but not always. I do that now with the lower kickstand 

• Like 1

I changed the side stand out almost immediately to prevent a tip over from happening.  After lowering the bike by an inch the side stand was useless.  So now I use a Camel as well.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

Ya that edge of the road with off camber always get me too...

Not any more. The Camel short kickstand leans it just right, and strong enough to pivot the bike  on when in tight spaces. 

No problems....

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

17 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

No problems....

She is an awesome rider, I am not…

13 hours ago, Hibobb said:

No problems....

And to think, I spent all that money and time on a lowering link and a new side stand.  

20 hours ago, Hibobb said:

No problems....

if it was me, the video will be 10 second talking with rest of me on the ground rolling 🤣

Definitely a lot better rider than I am

I'll stick to my method. I have picked this bike up enough times!- now 11.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1