Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Broken side stand mount bracket

Shane Vano

Was unfortunate to brake my side stand mount bracket where the stand spring attaches. Went to local Yamaha dealer to be informed there is none anywhere in the world. They are on a factory back order and could be 12 week wait or longer. They are also $303 au. My concern is that if this has happened once its more than likely to happen again. Thinking of making my own spring mount bracket somehow. Has anyone else had this issue. If there is no spares world wide, it must be a common problem. 

stand mount.jpg

I see the arrow in picture, but I don't see the break.

Maybe will go look at mine and then can understand the pic?😗

Haven't had the issue, but I would do as you stated.

Remove the bracket, use a bolt or a short piece of steel rod welded in place of the stock spring mount and then remount the bracket on the bike.

Stupid amount of money for such a tiny piece of steel.  

Edited by williestreet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Shane Vano said:

Yamaha dealer to be informed there is none anywhere in the world

I kinda know your pain. I dropped my gas cap and broke a corner of the plastic cover (Black Plastic part that attaches with four little screw). They don't offer that... have to buy the whole  assembly for $200.

I bet this bike would cost $250,000 if you have to build it from OEM parts!

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 hour ago, Hibobb said:

I kinda know your pain. I dropped my gas cap and broke a corner of the plastic cover (Black Plastic part that attaches with four little screw). They don't offer that... have to buy the whole  assembly for $200.

I bet this bike would cost $250,000 if you have to build it from OEM parts!

Holy crap! $200 for an oem gas cap? 

Reminds me of my new F250. On the F250 forums everyone is complaining about how thin the plastic is on the tail lights. You cannot replace the tail light lense. You have to buy the whole tail light... One tail light is almost $1000...

One of mine cracked. I put a piece of clear tape over the crack. It's been great for the last 6 months...

5 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

I see the arrow in picture, but I don't see the break.

Maybe will go look at mine and then can understand the pic?😗

Sorry yeah this pic is from a brand new T7 at my local dealer. Here is my broken bracket. The part circled is where it snapped off

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

B3.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, williestreet said:

Haven't had the issue, but I would do as you stated.

Remove the bracket, use a bolt or a short piece of steel rod welded in place of the stock spring mount and then remount the bracket on the bike.

Stupid amount of money for such a tiny piece of steel.  

Yes definitely will be looking at doing exactly that. Cheers

Your side stand down lock out switch broke almost exactly the same as mine when I landed on a large rock.  I have since bypassed it.  

The peg/stud that the spring attached to - where it broke off - seems to have some pretty cheesy weld around it.

Yeah I'm lucky one of the first things I did when I got the bike was to bypass the stand switch. Definitely

a flaw in the T7 is the spring mount position. I wont be replacing with OEM part. I'll attach something stronger somehow.

Ah ha. I see you did the side stand switch delete! Definitely just weld a stud on there. Looks like the original was recessed into the main bracket. Probably want to drill out broken stub and fit something a bit meatier in there. Or drill out and thread it. Thanks for the heads up.

Update. My mate took the side stand mount bracket off. Drilled out the hole where the old bit broke off and welded a steel rode on. Works perfect and probably 5 x stronger that pathetic OEM part.

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

• Like 3