Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Otways/Great Ocean Road loop ride

T700

One of my favorite loop rides.

Victoria Australia, the Iconic Great Ocean road that includes the internationally known 12 Apostles

This is a full day approx 10 hours 500km ride from home firstly through the Otway National park rain forest through to the back way of a town called Lorne returning for on the great ocean road mixing it up with  gravel roads and tracks past the 12 Apostles.

It is an absolute cracker of a ride with breathtaking scenery all the way including waterfalls/rain forests/open fields and sea views with roads winding all the way of all terrain.

Enjoy

Click the link below to watch the ride and scroll down to see the images

https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10001943989

map.thumb.jpg.788872f5baa984140cb5989e2d3c8937.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, admin said:

A beautiful trip on the DRZ, thanks for sharing.  

No probs mate, I’m trying to be active and post here and their

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I used to ride the "GO" road a bit years ago when I lived in Melbourne. Usually we'd go as far as Lavers Hill then return, sometimes doing the Apollo Bay - Lavers Hill section a few times due to the quality of those corners. Traffic was a bit of a problem up the Melbourne end on weekends but not too bad mid week, that was maybe 20 years ago. Anyway it looks like it was a great ride from your end, i'm guessing you live in the Bool? Definitely some lovely riding and scenery around that corner of Vic. Thanks for sharing.

23 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

I used to ride the "GO" road a bit years ago when I lived in Melbourne. Usually we'd go as far as Lavers Hill then return, sometimes doing the Apollo Bay - Lavers Hill section a few times due to the quality of those corners. Traffic was a bit of a problem up the Melbourne end on weekends but not too bad mid week, that was maybe 20 years ago. Anyway it looks like it was a great ride from your end, i'm guessing you live in the Bool? Definitely some lovely riding and scenery around that corner of Vic. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah mate from the Bool, there’s no trails here but an hour or so any direction and it gets fun with the GOR one direction, Grampians to the north and Nelson area to the west, the GOR is a great ride but exploring the trails through the otways the last couple of years has been a great experience, I do it as often as I can mixing both the road and the trail, it’s not too bad for traffic from this end leaving early Mornings then returning home mid day before it picks up, the back road trails I do have almost no traffic at all.

9 hours ago, T700 said:

Yeah mate from the Bool, there’s no trails here but an hour or so any direction and it gets fun with the GOR one direction, Grampians to the north and Nelson area to the west, the GOR is a great ride but exploring the trails through the otways the last couple of years has been a great experience, I do it as often as I can mixing both the road and the trail, it’s not too bad for traffic from this end leaving early Mornings then returning home mid day before it picks up, the back road trails I do have almost no traffic at all.

YES indeed! Exactly why I must get another bike. After 25 years of commuting in Melbourne and now I live north of Melbourne without a registered bike. I can literally get from my farm to Heathcote (12KM to the north) all on dirt back roads, and there is much more to explore in any direction from here, especially to the east.

• Like 1