Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Need a frame....

Stella

Well... Long story short, I almost hit a deer in the middle of the road on the apex of a tight hairpin turn. I swerved, went off the road and down a cliff. Surprisingly, the bike handled the crash really well (better than me). In the crash the tabs that limit the turning on the fork/triple tree broke off. Unfortunately my insurance company requires a new frame. The biggest problem is that the dealer is saying I'm looking at 8-14 months before they can get a new frame. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get a new(ish) frame quicker??? I know it's a shot in the dark. 

Your Insurance didn't right off the bike? Normally when a frame is damaged, they pay you out and move on. Ask for that and go get a new or used T7, quickest option. Can't see replacing the frame+it's cost being cheaper or quicker. A rider here in Canada had his T7 written off just because the Exhaust bracket attached to the frame was bent. Glad you are okay! 

Edited by ScorpionT16
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

A rider here in Canada had his T7 written off just because the Exhaust bracket attached to the frame was bent. Glad you are okay! 

Sure sounds like a payout to me, I'd be onto the insurance company demanding "they" find a frame or they replace the whole bike.

Sometimes if the crash it's bad , you can walk away, and no one is around, it's better to be logged as a theft.