Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Frame to engine bars brace?

Dave D

Question

Does anyone know of somewhere to buy frame strengthening braces to fit between the lower end of the engine cradle tubes and the main central part of the frame? The existing setup uses a small projection from the aluminium footrest bracket to link the engine cradle to the frame. This means the sump guard is only supported by these two small bits of casting at the back. Seems like a very weak attachment. If the bike lands hard on the sump guard it looks like there is a risk of snapping the aluminium parts. The user manual recommends not jacking the bike from under the bash plate too. Probably for this reason.

Frame detail 01.JPG

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

On 6/14/2022 at 2:29 AM, Dave D said:

Does anyone know of somewhere to buy frame strengthening braces to fit between the lower end of the engine cradle tubes and the main central part of the frame? The existing setup uses a small projection from the aluminium footrest bracket to link the engine cradle to the frame. This means the sump guard is only supported by these two small bits of casting at the back. Seems like a very weak attachment. If the bike lands hard on the sump guard it looks like there is a risk of snapping the aluminium parts. The user manual recommends not jacking the bike from under the bash plate too. Probably for this reason.

Frame detail 01.JPG

You could buy an Aftermarket Skid plate that uses a brace at the rear that attaches to part of the bikes frame.  THis transfers direct impact or the bike's weight from the skid plate and lower rails to the actual frame.  Check out AXP or Camel ADV's install video for how that brace works.

Edited by Goldentaco
  • Like 3

+1 on a strong skid plate like CamelADV.  I also added Hepco-Becker lower crash bars that are substantial and parallel the downtubes that cradle the engine.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fazeelnawaz765 said:

I am new in this forum. I have some questions about this forum. These questions are shown below🙂🙂:

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/5111-frame-to-engine-bars-brace/

If anyone has information about my question. Please give me answer below. I am very confused about this🙁🙁.

Why why why

11 minutes ago, fazeelnawaz765 said:

What you want to ask?  My question is about that thread.

About engine bar/brace?

Edited by Lewie