Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Seat heights

Dougie

I think our bikes range from comfort for 6”6’ to 5”6’ guys? What do you think the shortest inside leg (inseam) or seat height is? My mate is considering one, and wants to try mine, but mine is jacked like Bigfoot 4. 
how low can low seat and linkages get? 
cheers guys. And gals. 

I have a 30" inseam and had to lower the bike 1" and the seat 1".  Now it's comfy when I put my left foot down with boots on.   (It doesn't work with just socks and your feet hurt when you stand up on the pegs.) Then I replaced the side stand for a Camel short and the bike is now tolerable.  

1 minute ago, Landshark said:

I have a 30" inseam and had to lower the bike 1" and the seat 1".  Now it's comfy when I put my left foot down with boots on.   (It doesn't work with just socks and your feet hurt when you stand up on the pegs.) Then I replaced the side stand for a Camel short and the bike is now tolerable.  

Thanks mate 👍

• Like 1

My inseam is probably closer to 29” than 30. I could ride the bike ok on the street, stock. 

I used the 20mm drop links and lowered the forks 8mm. Also, the low Yamaha seat. 

riding on the street is no problem at all, I don’t do anything nuts off-road, but it’s fine. I need to pay attention to where I stop, but with some technique I haven’t had much issue. Turning around one the trail is kind of a drag, but manageable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm 75 years old, weigh 70 kg gross and my stride length is 76 cm; I did it exactly like "smd3". I think it is important to use a shortened side stand (in my case: CamelADV); it also worked with the OEM, but it was often borderline.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 
I’ll pop the standard seat on to start so he can see the difference. Maybe jump on pillion to weigh it down too. 
known him 40 years but don’t know his inside leg 😁
good to know it’s quite an adjustable bike eh?👍

• Like 1