Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Guns, Golf Clubs and Fishing Rods.

Landshark

I need to carry a long rifle on my bike.  I can't seem to find a way to stow my long rifle on my bike comfortably.  The rules in Canada are... the gun must be kept in a locked case with a trigger lock in place and the bullets somewhere else.  

If anyone has carried a rifle or golf club or fishing rod (which I also will need to carry) post your results here.  

Thanks gang.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

ZMOTORCASE // MOTORCYCLE GUITAR RACK // www.zmotorcase.com

Looks like something Elvis would own.  But you know, if I mounted a guitar case on the right side it may save my muffler in the event of a fall.  🙄

To start with I reckon you could do with a breakable rifle. Or if it’s a pride and joy hunting rifle, fixed wooden stock, at least remove the receiver from the stock and shorten the “package” to rent/ roll mat size. Usually about 3 bolts max.  Tubular solid case?

extendable fishing rod. 

snap the golf clubs in half, it’s not a sport. And ride the course on the tenere. 🤟😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dougie said:

To start with I reckon you could do with a breakable rifle. Or if it’s a pride and joy hunting rifle, fixed wooden stock, at least remove the receiver from the stock and shorten the “package” to rent/ roll mat size. Usually about 3 bolts max.  Tubular solid case?

extendable fishing rod. 

snap the golf clubs in half, it’s not a sport. And ride the course on the tenere. 🤟😂

Ha ha ha.  I don't golf.  Ever.  I thought I'd get an idea if someone had carried a club on their bike.  I hadn't thought of breaking down the rifle or shotgun.  The fishing rod can be stuck into my saddle bag and left hanging out.  Maybe I could use a rubber cat for bait and troll for a good dog.

• Haha 1

Do you have pannier rack?  If you do you could probably  make some type of mount to attach hard rifle case to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Landshark said:

If anyone has carried a rifle or golf club or fishing rod (which I also will need to carry)

Trade the T7 in on a minivan.

• Confused 1
  • Dislike 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 hour ago, Hibobb said:

Trade the T7 in on a minivan.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a truck.  Mini van, sheesh. 🤪

2 hours ago, Landshark said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a truck.  Mini van, sheesh. 🤪

Trike it. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Buy a Harley Davidson. Specifically a HD MT350, the British Army's dispatch riders bike (until a few years ago) Has a gun case as standard ...download.jpeg.45264805d918db5dba9ad5be080a0626.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:50 AM, Landshark said:

I need to carry a long rifle on my bike.  I can't seem to find a way to stow my long rifle on my bike comfortably.  The rules in Canada are... the gun must be kept in a locked case with a trigger lock in place and the bullets somewhere else.  

If anyone has carried a rifle or golf club or fishing rod (which I also will need to carry) post your results here.  

Thanks gang.

I’ve mounted a guitar case on a Givi Case rack. Basically took the bottom half of an old Givi case and bolted that to the guitar case. Could do the same thing with a gun case and one of those slim SW motech side bag mounts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wharfe said:

Buy a Harley Davidson. Specifically a HD MT350, the British Army's dispatch riders bike (until a few years ago) Has a gun case as standard ...download.jpeg.45264805d918db5dba9ad5be080a0626.jpeg

They were absolutely horrible. 🙈. And gutless. Viva la Tenere. 

• Like 1

Aw I quite enjoyed mine at the time, til some scrote stole it. Though I can't disagree, it lacked power and was built to a basic, agricultural, squaddie proof level. Viva la Tenere, aye !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a waterproof box, a Plano model 36.  I cut the interior foam to fit two shotguns, broken down.  Then I strap the box across my side cases,  for skeet/trap shooting.  If your model of rifle breaks down easily it will be simple.  A full length rifle will be a challenge.  Look up the archery case Greg White (motoamerica race announcer) had made for his bike, it's HUGE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wharfe said:

Aw I quite enjoyed mine at the time, til some scrote stole it. Though I can't disagree, it lacked power and was built to a basic, agricultural, squaddie proof level. Viva la Tenere, aye !

(Laughing emoji not for the bike theft, just know what squaddie proof is all about, cameras weighing 5kg etc 😁) Definitely that. 🍺 could’ve done with keeping the 500 rotax in it. 

Edited by Dougie
Add
  • Like 1

I found a tactical back pack that will hold 2 guns, although one is all I want to carry.  It's a soft protective case that will hold my rifle perfectly.  I may just buy that and call it a day.  My rifle wont break down as it's old and vintage.  

1 hour ago, Landshark said:

I found a tactical back pack that will hold 2 guns, although one is all I want to carry.  It's a soft protective case that will hold my rifle perfectly.  I may just buy that and call it a day.  My rifle wont break down as it's old and vintage.  

All the best ones are. 👍

off topic but related somehow: can you transport an enfield rifle on a yamaha bike or will the bike refuse to run? 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, qInvention said:

off topic but related somehow: can you transport an enfield rifle on a yamaha bike or will the bike refuse to run? 😉

You could actually make it rigid, with two smle as girder forks. 😁

for @Landsharks hunting trip in Canada though, I wonder if a removable sidecar would work? Take all the gear in it. Set up camp. Take it off. Bike ready for playing too.  
also seen trailers (I know) being used for rallies. Don’t fancy that myself mind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

You could actually make it rigid, with two smle as girder forks. 😁

for @Landsharks hunting trip in Canada though, I wonder if a removable sidecar would work? Take all the gear in it. Set up camp. Take it off. Bike ready for playing too.  
also seen trailers (I know) being used for rallies. Don’t fancy that myself mind. 

If I said ‘sidewinder’ you’d know my age (uk)

• Like 1

Thanks for all your input.  I don't want to spend a ton to carry a gun or rod on occasion.  So a side car is out.

I spent nearly 200 Canadian bucks to gear up for fishing.  I finally caught one fish and was pretty happy.  When I got home, my wife asked where the fish was.  I said I threw it back, you know, catch and release.  She said "for the love of god, that was a 200 dollar fish".

• Haha 3

Telescopic rods are the only way to go. Great for when you're hiking into to a wooded spot to slay those fish too!20220622_175355.jpg.ed04bb0f197096d5b606b67a71d1ad4d.jpg

• Like 2

Golf; anagram of flog

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

Golf; anagram of flog

Very clever.  😃

On 6/22/2022 at 10:58 PM, frivoloushobby said:

Telescopic rods are the only way to go. Great for when you're hiking into to a wooded spot to slay those fish too!20220622_175355.jpg.ed04bb0f197096d5b606b67a71d1ad4d.jpg

I thought that was a sterling strapped to a Bethan at first glance😂. Eyes getting old.