Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

I rode a T700 World Raid today

JB700

Yamaha Europe were doing demo's at the ABR Festival this weekend, so decided to try the new World Raid

My first thoughts...

• Bit taller than the stock bike, but could still flat foot
  • Fuel was half full, but at standstill it felt to carry it's weight lower down and didn't feel top heavy
  • New Switchgear a bit fussy
  • Like the new TFT, definite improvement
  • New wide pegs are great, especially with MX boots
  • Once on the move it felt very planted and it stock form the suspension was far better (although the rear was still undersprung for me and therefore harsh still
  • New forks are a definite improvement, I searched out all the bad potholes in the road and the bike was much more composed
  • Back brake is definitely better and I could lock it up now, will have to see what they've changed
  • Seat was comfier and more plush
  • Screen was better, but still got buffeting at 60mph+
  • Less air comes around the side of screen, due to better winglets and wider tanks, so definitely better
  • Looks fab in blue
  • Like 5

Sounds amazing... and the additional money seems to be well spent.

Didn't know the rear brake has changed.

Did you compare the seat to T7 stock seat? I thought it would be similar to the Rally seat.

I see in some of the images there is an additional switch block on the left handlebar - inboard of the T700 switch block.  Have they added cruise control to it?

16 hours ago, JB700 said:

Yamaha Europe were doing demo's at the ABR Festival this weekend, so decided to try the new World Raid

My first thoughts...

• Bit taller than the stock bike, but could still flat foot
  • Fuel was half full, but at standstill it felt to carry it's weight lower down and didn't feel top heavy
  • New Switchgear a bit fussy
  • Like the new TFT, definite improvement
  • New wide pegs are great, especially with MX boots
  • Once on the move it felt very planted and it stock form the suspension was far better (although the rear was still undersprung for me and therefore harsh still
  • New forks are a definite improvement, I searched out all the bad potholes in the road and the bike was much more composed
  • Back brake is definitely better and I could lock it up now, will have to see what they've changed
  • Seat was comfier and more plush
  • Screen was better, but still got buffeting at 60mph+
  • Less air comes around the side of screen, due to better winglets and wider tanks, so definitely better
  • Looks fab in blue

Had a couple of hours on one last week, the seat is much better than the standard and Rally Edition seats. Bike didnt feel any heavier than the standard bike either, but the wind protection is vastly superior. Suspension was far superior in comfort and control, much better spring rates and valuing.

The right hand switch gear isn’t very good, too fiddly and I do not see why the left switches for the Raid theme could not be used for Explore and Street themes, surely that could be programmed to work for each theme used and would make it a better user experience. Dash look nice and is easy to read. 

Bike looks great in both Black and the Blue, rode very well and has the same CP2 engine which is bloody awesome for what this bike is designed for, smooth, torquey and sounds great. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, TenereTragic700 said:

I see in some of the images there is an additional switch block on the left handlebar - inboard of the T700 switch block.  Have they added cruise control to it?

No cruise control (sadly), that controls the Raid tripmeters so you can adjust the values. 

CD543E3F-64B7-4F7D-8BCA-7F918302E8BE.png

Edited by Alf Meister
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Sounds amazing... and the additional money seems to be well spent.

Didn't know the rear brake has changed.

Did you compare the seat to T7 stock seat? I thought it would be similar to the Rally seat.

It's a 2 piece seat, not a 1 piece Rally seat and the front rider section, was far more comfortable on the hour I rode it

Pillion seat looks identical to the normal 700 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TenereTragic700 said:

No cruise, the additional left side switch block is to control a rally trip meter inside the TFT I think

1 hour ago, Alf Meister said:

Had a couple of hours on one last week, the seat is much better than the standard and Rally Edition seats. Bike didnt feel any heavier than the standard bike either, but the wind protection is vastly superior. Suspension was far superior in comfort and control, much better spring rates and valuing.

The right hand switch gear isn’t very good, too fiddly and I do not see why the left switches for the Raid theme could not be used for Explore and Street themes, surely that could be programmed to work for each theme used and would make it a better user experience. Dash look nice and is easy to read. 

Bike looks great in both Black and the Blue, rode very well and has the same CP2 engine which is bloody awesome for what this bike is designed for, smooth, torquey and sounds great. 

Did you buy?

18 minutes ago, JB700 said:

Did you buy?

If I can get all the planets to line up I will be. Did you ?

Any idea if we will get any into the Republic of Canuckistan anytime soon?

• Haha 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

3 hours ago, Canzvt said:

Any idea if we will get any into the Republic of Canuckistan anytime soon?

Australia is getting it next year and their bikes are built in japan, like North America’s so my guess is you will next year, but only Yamaha can really give you that answer. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

If I can get all the planets to line up I will be. Did you ?

Not yet, but want another proper ride solo and local before deciding