Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Aussie model full exhaust no flash

Buggy Nate

Hi guys and girls,

Mainly a question for my fellow Aussie tenere owners, who has installed a full system and not opted for a tune with good results?

I am well aware our bikes in Oz usually get a less restrictive tunes due to not having comply with epa tests yearly. The bike currently has a Delkevic carbon slip on which sounds glorious, wanting to piss off the cat for heat and weight saving purposes.

I have done all my tuning previously on all my old bikes as was a mechanic for 20 odd years. The tenere runs flawlessly currently with absolutely zero snatchiness or flat spots and I don’t currently feel the need for a tune.

Has anyone installed headers/full system and not needed a tune as stated by most header manufacturers? Also what was the sound increase like?

I only know of one with a full replacement and a flash was done which improved it immensely

• Like 2

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Decat is noticeably louder in mid to high revs especially with throttle properly twisted. But when being smooth on the throttle its not too loud. I got rapidbike fitted with decat and air filter / airbox lid, and before bike "learned" new settings i noticed it lost some of the power low and high end. I think without flash / rapidbike or PC you might gain some midrange but loose low end fitting just decat. That's just basing purely on my own observation on Euro spec Ten.

• Like 1