Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Longer side stand (+30mm suspension)

łorsoł

Good day. 

Is there a longer side stand available on the market? Can't find anything yet. I did +30mm suspension upgrade and now side stand is just too short. 🙃

Brgds. 

R. 

XRV750 / DRZ400S / G650X / 2T 200EXC / ADV990R / TIGER800XCE690R / TE510 / T700

Photos and movies: https://sites.google.com/view/lorsolek

CamelADV! Ther are two versions, a 20mm shorter and a 25mm longer Version. Quality is fine (I have the shorter one).

Edited by norei
  • Like 1

Camel... How I missed that. Thank you Sir. 🙃

XRV750 / DRZ400S / G650X / 2T 200EXC / ADV990R / TIGER800XCE690R / TE510 / T700

Photos and movies: https://sites.google.com/view/lorsolek

• 7 months later...

Now I'm in the same team... Has anyone here aboard tested the long sidestand? I'm a bit sceptical if it's rather too long, since usually a +25mm suspension travel rises the bike by 15-20mm (if your sag setting stays at say 30%).

Maybe Cory @Camel ADV can help destroying my doubts 🙂

P.S. I know AltRider have an adjustable sidestand, but I don't really like the price tag of this one.

Edited by Tenerider

12 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Now I'm in the same team... Has anyone here aboard tested the long sidestand? I'm a bit sceptical if it's rather too long, since usually a +25mm suspension travel rises the bike by 15-20mm (if your sag setting stays at say 30%).

P.S. I know AltRider have an adjustable sidestand, but I don't really like the price tag of this one.

I have the same suspension (just from the company who paid for the development 😇) and had no problem with the OEM stand.... yet.

39 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

I got the +25mm sidestand from Camel in preparation for swapping out suspension. I haven't received my suspension components yet, but I got tired of carrying around an extra kickstand, so I installed the +25mm Camel sidestand with my stock suspension, and it actually works pretty well. I have to be aware of how I park on tarmac, but otherwise I actually prefer it to the stock length when in the dirt. I don't think it'll be too long for longer travel suspension.

Edited by random1781
  • Thanks 1

advgoats.com

1 minute ago, random1781 said:

I got the +25mm sidestand from Camel in preparation for swapping out suspension. I haven't received my suspension components yet, but I got tired of carrying around an extra kickstand, so I installed the +25mm Camel sidestand with my stock suspension, and it actually works pretty well. I have to be aware of how I park on tarmac, but otherwise I actually prefer it to the stock length when in the dirt. I don't think it'll be too long for longer travel suspension.

Sounds good, thank you!

I know what you mean. Even with everything stock I always tried to consider the ground profile, since it's often slanted a bit.

• Supporting Vendor
1 hour ago, Tenerider said:

The length of our stand takes into account the sag of the bike. The stand is +25mm longer not +25mm taller. The stand is at an angle, not straight up and down so +25mm length gets you about 19-20mm in height. 

• Thanks 1

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

2 minutes ago, Camel ADV said:

The length of our stand takes into account the sag of the bike. The stand is +25mm longer not +25mm taller. The stand is at an angle, not straight up and down so +25mm length gets you about 19-20mm in height. 

Perfect Cory, many thanks! Will order now at bikes-peak.de 🙂

• Like 1

AltRider has an adjustable side stand that works for both lower and, I believe, taller.  Cool idea.  I believe @DuncMandid a review recently.

• Like 1

Yeah, see one of my posts above - I've read Dunc's review, but it comes with a hefty price tag (which is probably appropriate, given the fact that it's all CNCed). Like the looks and the design of the foot plate.

But to be honest, I have more trust in steel. AND actually I prefer CamelADV. If Cory says you can absolutely do turns on his sidestand, this means something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I’m quite sure the CAVD stand will be good. It’s the only one I’ve not yet reviewed. If you had a bike lowered 40mm then the AR stand would be my recommendation but you’re not that low, I don’t think?

Rather in the opposite direction mate 😂

+25mm (and a Rally seat), so I'm only interested in longer sidestands.

Already thought about a thick sidestand plate, but the Camel Toe seems the better solution all in all.

• Like 1