Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Don't break your bike-scarce parts

NeilW

I am sourcing front end parts and many of them have 200 day or indefinite back orders. I am in the USA and had to order the Lower Handle Bar Holder from the Netherlands. 

Word to the wise, I know none of you ever want to break your bike but now is especially not a good time to crash - maybe ride a little slower or don't attempt any "Pol" moves ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NeilW said:

I am sourcing front end parts and many of them have 200 day or indefinite back orders. I am in the USA and had to order the Lower Handle Bar Holder from the Netherlands. 

Word to the wise, I know none of you ever want to break your bike but now is especially not a good time to crash - maybe ride a little slower or don't attempt any "Pol" moves ?

That would cost me a fortune in health care if I did any of his magic. 😳😁

I’d love to be half as talented. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've been waiting months for oem rear brake pads. I know but I want oem brake pads.

6 hours ago, mcbrien said:

I've been waiting months for oem rear brake pads. I know but I want oem brake pads.

Why do you want oem brake pads when after market work better, last longer and are cheaper to purchase- oh and available ?

3 hours ago, Hogan said:

Stock pads are Brembo pads, you can buy them anyway.

Ordering through Yamaha is pointless. It takes longer and costs more for the exact same thing.

I agree, but some things on bikes take on a religious nature, that brand of tire that's never let Jim down, the Blue lighter Tom always carries.   I wouldn't have put pads in that category though.

I'm undecided. Pads that offer better grip usually sacrifice rotors. When rotors need replaced I normally use pads that are recommended for the rotors I pic.  Thanks for the tip to order through Brembo. As far as ordering through Yamaha I would prefer to support my dealer whenever possible. I get discounts and great service. I don't think there's many of these dealers left.

25 minutes ago, mcbrien said:

I'm undecided. Pads that offer better grip usually sacrifice rotors. When rotors need replaced I normally use pads that are recommended for the rotors I pic.  Thanks for the tip to order through Brembo. As far as ordering through Yamaha I would prefer to support my dealer whenever possible. I get discounts and great service. I don't think there's many of these dealers left.

I also mostly order at the dealer with a discount but they also can order other brands.

I usually have Ferodo pads and even when they don't have it they still can order it for me.

That goes for a lot of stuff but sometimes they just advise me to buy online when they can't get it short term or they know a price is toi high.