Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Sold my Tenere...

Landshark

• Moderators

So sorry for the life changing event for the both of you. Bikes are fun, but health is precious beyond measure and bless you for making her your priority.  Please stick around here as your input has been valued here on the board and just because your T7 is gone, your knowledge can still be shared.  Prayers sent.

• Like 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Al my friend, you are an important part of this great community.

Can understand your reasons, and totally agree with @AZJW : Your input and participation are much appreciated here!

Thanks again for the sticker gift you sent me.

Stay safe, take care, all the best for you and your wife!

Jan

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZJW said:

So sorry for the life changing event for the both of you. Bikes are fun, but health is precious beyond measure and bless you for making her your priority.  Please stick around here as your input has been valued here on the board and just because your T7 is gone, your knowledge can still be shared.  Prayers sent.

Thank you for the kind words.  I very much appreciate it.

I will be here to answer repair and maintenance questions and anyone can send a P.M. as I will leave the notifications on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Al my friend, you are an important part of this great community.

Can understand your reasons, and totally agree with @AZJW : Your input and participation are much appreciated here!

Thanks again for the sticker gift you sent me.

Stay safe, take care, all the best for you and your wife!

Jan

I still have your address.  I may have to send other stuff just to make your day...  You just made mine.  Thanks eh!

• Thanks 1

Sad, but commitment to your wife comes first.

You are a good person of the highest order.

The world is sadly lacking people like you these days.

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

@Landshark, one might justify an electric trials bike at this point. It would allow you to quickly get to the mailbox and get milk from the grocery store, not to mention the HUGE savings in the cost of petrol!!!! 

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

2 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

@Landshark, one might justify an electric trials bike at this point. It would allow you to quickly get to the mailbox and get milk from the grocery store, not to mention the HUGE savings in the cost of petrol!!!! 

My next door neighbor has 4 bikes in his garage.  He said I could ride one but he has to follow as he doesn't trust I won't ride his nice street bike on gravel and off road.  What's a bike for?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hibobb said:

Maybe this one?

IMG_20220627_124323085.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope that you stick around and if you run out of stuff to talk about, feel free to use the off topic section. 

Thanks @Cruizin.  I will be hanging out as I enjoy the all the stuff that goes on here.  

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your plight.   You certainly have all my sympathies.  I'm probably a bit older than you(I've not been without a motorcycle since I was 14 and I'll soon turn 71), but you are facing what many of us fortunate to live so long (not really) will ultimately face.  I suppose we should be thankful for all the years of enjoyment we have been blessed to willingly absorb.  Hope you have lots of great memories of riding and your great T7

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, camargodave said:

Sorry to hear of your plight.   You certainly have all my sympathies.  I'm probably a bit older than you(I've not been without a motorcycle since I was 14 and I'll soon turn 71), but you are facing what many of us fortunate to live so long (not really) will ultimately face.  I suppose we should be thankful for all the years of enjoyment we have been blessed to willingly absorb.  Hope you have lots of great memories of riding and your great T7

Thank you @camargodave I have plenty of memories of years of riding including the T7.  We'll see what happens in the future.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear of your situation Landshark. I've joyed reading your content.  I wish you and your Mrs the very best.

Best wishes @Landshark- I echo what all the others here have said, and wished you and your wife.

Force be with you.

Chris

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your wife landshark, that would be heartbreaking, she's lucky to have you there, and willing to sacrifice your bike for the cause so to speak.  I hope she comes back from the stroke and has a decent quality of life.  As for the future, well you might get another bike...  I did,after swearing off lol.  Take care brother.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eric W. said:

Best wishes as you transition 🙂 

9 hours ago, DT675 said:

I'm sorry to hear of your situation Landshark. I've joyed reading your content.  I wish you and your Mrs the very best.

9 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Best wishes @Landshark- I echo what all the others here have said, and wished you and your wife.

Force be with you.

Chris

45 minutes ago, winddown said:

Sorry to hear about your wife landshark, that would be heartbreaking, she's lucky to have you there, and willing to sacrifice your bike for the cause so to speak.  I hope she comes back from the stroke and has a decent quality of life.  As for the future, well you might get another bike...  I did,after swearing off lol.  Take care brother.

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1