Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First meeting

Tenerider

Hey guys, let's see if we can find a date which fits for all of us!

I'm available on all weekends, except:

August 14

September 3

August 27/28

October 1/2

October 9

Tot ziens

Jan

Hi everyone and I'll start with a shout out to @Tenerider for starting this club.

I'd like to ask all of you if we're sticking to English in this club or do we have a language that we all speak and suits us more? I can only think of German, as I don't write Dutch and I think only very few of you are fluent in Luxembourgish 🗣️

The objective of the club is to organise a meeting, which will need to point out a location and a date.

As I'm a bit restricted in my free time, due to family and work, I'll most likely just see what date comes out. If I can make it, great - if not, maybe next time.

Please post your ideas on the best spot and time for a meeting!

Marc

• Thanks 1

Hey Marc, thanks, good idea.

For me, English is fine. It makes me feel less like a mof 😂

P.S. topics merged

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

I speak Dutch, English and German but i don't like writing in German. The use of capitals in that language drives me crazy so English is just fine.
I do my own blog also in English because even though Dutch is spoken more than most wille expect but it will limit the public.

As far of dates, August 14 is no problem, just as September 3 and the Oktober dates.
August 27 i have something.
I don't know what place we're thinking of but i have no problem if we meet at my place.
Living in the south of the Netherlands in the narrowest past close to the 3 country point it will be quite central from the North of the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Luxenbourg.

For instance, Luxembourg city is 230km, Zwolle Netherlands 226, Brussels 133 and Jan (Tenerider) just have to spent about an hour to get here.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I speak Dutch, English and German but i don't like writing in German. The use of capitals in that language drives me crazy so English is just fine.
I do my own blog also in English because even though Dutch is spoken more than most wille expect but it will limit the public.

As far of dates, August 14 is no problem, just as September 3 and the Oktober dates.
August 27 i have something.
I don't know what place we're thinking of but i have no problem if we meet at my place.
Living in the south of the Netherlands in the narrowest past close to the 3 country point it will be quite central from the North of the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and Luxenbourg.

For instance, Luxembourg city is 230km, Zwolle Netherlands 226, Brussels 133 and Jan (Tenerider) just have to spent about an hour to get here.

Sounds great Ray, I think the southern TET NL is close to your home anyway.

Drilandenpunt would be a nice spot for a group photo 😁

Sorry, but the dates I mentioned are blocked (almost impossible for me).

ANY other weekend is fine!

12 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Sorry, but the dates I mentioned are blocked

My bad, i didn't read it correct.

My blocked dates are August 6, 13 and 27, September 4, 10 and 25 but maybe more if i take a week off and that will be most likely leaving the 10th and back the 18th.
Oktober 22 is also booked and beyond that it's becoming risky with the weather.

• Like 1

Ok, if I am correct, this would leave the following dates (in theory):

July 30-31 (not much time left until then)

August 7 ?

August 14

August 20-21

September 11 ?

September 24

October 8

October 15-16

October 23

I think late October might be indeed risky.

@qInvention @BikeBrother@CoreCass @ludo_the_genius

what about you, any preferences or blocked dates?

Only 18 september is blocked.

I' m fine with all other dates.

• Like 1

30 - 31 July i can be back or not, 31st i have to get back.
This Saturday i leave for the North Cape and even if i'm back i probably need to get some new tyres mounted and get my gear sorted for cleaning, airing and whatever.

• Like 1

I'm on my way to the north cape atm. From late August I should be available.

Edited by CoreCass
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I'm such a newbie, that I don't want to interfere with the planning. I just hop on and go with you guys plan if it suits my agenda. hopping on to learn and see how you guys do it 👍😆

(also limited by time due to family, work ... the usual)

Edited by ludo_the_genius
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ludo_the_genius said:

Hi guys, I'm such a newbie, that I don't want to interfere with the planning. I just hop on and go with you guys plan if it suits my agenda. hopping on to learn and see how you guys do it 👍😆

(also limited by time due to family, work ... the usual)

I'm a newb my self. Did a test run tough with friends. Now the dive in to the deep.

Currently in Denmark. And I could use a hot shower. It's only 8 euro a night.

My parents run an campsite old. Can tell you that it's a big difference. As the dutch government wants als a pice or 2 of that pie

Edit: added picture

IMG_20220705_191409.jpg

Edited by CoreCass
  • Like 3

@CoreCass enjoy your trip ! I just got photos from my parents who are currently in Norway.

seems as if everybody does the Nordkapp this year.

To all: as I said, I'll just chime in if the meeting date is doable for me. Just chose a date and I'll see what I can do

What about August 20 or 21? I reckon this is the next date where most of us seem to be available.

Or both days, make a weekend out of it?

3 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Or both days, make a weekend out of it?

Why not! Will need to check it with my family, since I return from one week job travel on Friday. Sunday 21 is perhaps best for me, but I'd try to make Saturday possible, too.

Seems nice to me.

Weekend or night is a better idea as you get to see and tails in the evening.

Not that I'm a good story teller. I'm literally the worst at it

5 hours ago, ludo_the_genius said:

Sorry, guys, I will be on vacation in that weekend. I'm probably going to this event below. You might look at this, as it is a good venue to meet up with "like-minded" people in general.

Thanks, i was already looking fir the 2022 date but last time i looked it was still 2021.

I don't have Facebook to keep track of those days.

I think i rather go there and pick another date for this meet :classic_blush:

1 minute ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Thanks, i was already looking fir the 2022 date but last time i looked it was still 2021.

I don't have Facebook to keep track of those days.

I think i rather go there and pick another date for this meet :classic_blush:

No problem for me guys! I'd vote for September in this case, even though it seems we probably couldn't make it a full weekend.

• 1 month later...

back home.  September is fine by me.  don't know jet what i have coming but i guess i can work around it.

my trip ended a little early as of some electronica problems in phone, gopro. 

had a good trip tough non the less.  even found it more liberating not to be able to record stuff. also a bit pity i could not show the nice stuff.

• Like 2

I had problems too, at one point i probably broke my microphone and i didn't had time yet to get through the footage but i have the idea that i'm missing some.
But i record and share just for fun and have no intentions to make it a way of income.
Not that i don't want to travel all the time but it's not easy to get a channel started and if you get it going it is going to be a proper job and i really not enjoy editing.

With the Discover Overland weekend 16 - 18 September i hope we can get another date because i really like to meet you guys.
The other dates after that are all fine with me, 15 - 16 Oktober we could make it a weekend.

• Like 1

well i miss a lot of footage..  went with a group and thy did 200 meters  well between 2 power line towers [guess its 200 meters don't know]

but that part was more enduro than single track.  fun tough but darn i was happy i could take a break after.

not on video unfortunately.

but ray whats your eta  ? or where are you at ?

btw i would go for a full weekend.  if some of you cant go for a full weekend.. well if your partly there your there!

if you can its wonderful.

Edited by CoreCass

9 hours ago, CoreCass said:

but ray whats your eta  ? or where are you at ?

ETA for what?
At the Discover Overland i'm there all weekend.
It is a proper overland trip to get there, a whopping 15km 🤣

13 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

ETA for what?
At the Discover Overland i'm there all weekend.
It is a proper overland trip to get there, a whopping 15km 🤣

going there next month.  but i tought you'd still be on the road. guess your faster as i expected

Discover Overland 2022
Wanneer: 16/09/2022 - 18/09/2022 @ 18:00 - 14:00
Waar: Camping Bohmerwald - Krimweg, Koningsbosch, 6104
GPS: N51° 28' 13.8" E4° 52' 45.3

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.