Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

My first Yamaha . . . . . .

Wolf_54

Hello Everyone, 

As a new owner of a brand new Tenere 700, I'm glad to report that this is my first Yamaha after 42 years of riding only Honda motorcycles (but still own two of them).

Of course I have great expectations from this bike and look forward to read posts and comments from experienced riders on this forum in order to improve my knowledge about riding a bike with a 21" front wheel (also a first), get to know about maintenance tips, adjustments, useful accessories, etc before commence planning new adventures on the mainland. 

Note: I was not impressed with the fuel cap when making my first stop at the pump. As far as I know, there are no solutions to address this minor issue.

Cheers!

Welcome! 

You can put the fuel cap on top of the key switch where it will not roll off. A non problem for me as my other bike also does not have a hinged cap. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wolf_54 said:

Note: I was not impressed with the fuel cap when making my first stop at the pump. As far as I know, there are no solutions to address this minor issue.

Cheers!

rs=w:1200,h:1200

So this is our Hinged Fuel Cap Kit for the Tenere 700 T7 Already broken your original ? Dont want to break the original as you have found out how expensive they are ? Fed up trying to find somewhere to keep the cap safe...

Works great-

• Like 1

Hi Hollybrook,

Thank you for the tip, much appreciated!

Can't remember last time I was riding a bike with this type of fuel cap, I believe today it's used only on off-road bikes.

2 minutes ago, Firebolter said:
rs=w:1200,h:1200

So this is our Hinged Fuel Cap Kit for the Tenere 700 T7 Already broken your original ? Dont want to break the original as you have found out how expensive they are ? Fed up trying to find somewhere to keep the cap safe...

Works great-

So there is a solution . . . . . will consider this cap if I get annoyed with the original. Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Wolf_54 said:

Can't remember last time I was riding a bike with this type of fuel cap, I believe today it's used only on off-road bikes.

Haha, my other bike is 37 years old. 

20210311_162619 (2).jpg

Edited by Hollybrook
Cleanup
  • Like 2

Nice machine. Must admit as manufacturers go, I’m a Honda man through and through, but I’m a total Tenere slave.  Love em all from 34l on. XT turned me to bikes. Ever since they chased bond down a toboggan run in the 70s when I was a kid. June “89 bike magazine then nailed it with an 8 month run from Munich to cape town on a 1vj  🤟hooked. 

• Like 1

welcome @Wolf_54- hey some are slow learners, so you get to discover Yamaha a little later than most, so what 😁

enjoy the Forum, enjoy the T7!

Chris