Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Lowering the new world raid

chrisC

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

A lot of these issues may be sorted when they release the shorter bike worldwide. You might find many of the parts will be able to be retrofit to t7 and wr. I think for a lot of “general” riders, road use and some dirt, the shorter bike will be ideal and sell like hot cakes. The suspension is lower but has a little less travel, and the stand should be a straight swap.
We’ll see what the French think of it. https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/fr/fr/products/motos/adventure/

Shorter bike? Which variant is supposed to be shorter?

14 minutes ago, EstRider said:

Shorter bike? Which variant is supposed to be shorter?

The explore version.
The extreme version is massive. France only at the mo. Go on the French site and translate for info (if you need to) or use the Yamaha garage app, and select France, translate that and you can build the bike with the various options. 

Edited by Dougie

• 9 months later...

Hello.
Does anyone know what the difference is in the lowering kit for the World Raid model compared to the "regular" one?
It seems to be different order numbers anyway, with all manufacturers, so something seems different.
The reason I ask is because I sold my T 700 and bought the World Raid model, but i saved the lowering kit.

And what side stand would you recommend if you lower it (25mm)?

Regards

/Tobias, Sweden

• 2 weeks later...

Something I don’t see mentioned here is the rear spring. I have a standard T7 not Wr. 
I installed alt rider lowering links and have them at the 30mm lower setting. I’m only 170cm tall , so lowering for me has been a big improvement.

However, plan on getting a stronger rear spring.  I rode for a year without the spring and for off-road it was way too soft. Changed the spring, and the performance is back where it should be . I also bought really raid preload spacers for the front forks  but haven’t felt the need to install them yet . Forks have been slid up in the triple clamp as far as doable without interference . 
I also put on the Yamaha OEM low seat. For better comfort on long rides I use a cheap inflatable cushion that I can quickly deflate when I leave the road and hit the trails. I should change the side stand to be adjustable, but have been managing so far without (being very picky about my parking spots). 

• Like 1