Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Considering joining the fold

Mac1

Love the looks and am impressed by the reviews of the t7. Currently riding a harley and a cbx500. Yes i know.....

one thing that surprises me is that there are currently over 100 t7s for sale on ebay alone, many with less than a thousand miles on them. Any theories as to what goes gratefully received

12 minutes ago, Mac1 said:

Love the looks and am impressed by the reviews of the t7. Currently riding a harley and a cbx500. Yes i know.....

one thing that surprises me is that there are currently over 100 t7s for sale on ebay alone, many with less than a thousand miles on them. Any theories as to what goes gratefully received

Hi mate. Yes, some people won’t fit the bike, as in it’s not what was expected. It’s a more powerful smoother xt600, not a smaller GS, so won’t do an autobahn like one, twos up at 130mph. It’s also not a 250 enduro so some may think it’s a bit bulky. Some just like swapping bikes quite often (not me). 
secondly, there are loads sold as it was a major success. So not many resold in comparison. There are over 5000 users on here. any issues you may have probably already have been solved on here somewhere. It really is a fantastic machine. As long as it fits your needs. Try one out for an hour or so, or do a course on one if that’s available near you. I think you’ll like it. 
👍

• Like 6

Where do you live that shows 100's of T7's for sale on eBay? They aren't easy to come by here in North America, still with many on wait lists. 

I had a CB500X before the T7. The T7 is a much better bike, purpose built vs a street bike trying to be an off-road bike. The 2019+ Cb500X are a bit better with 19in wheels. The CBX had much better fuel economy, and wasn't as top heavy. The T7 is taller, is top heavy, however the extra 200cc helps on road. 

• Like 1

In the uk- there are litrally 100’s 

my dealer has 2 new in stock that you could ride away 

3 hours ago, Mac1 said:

currently over 100 t7s for sale on ebay alone

T7 is a great bike, but....

The super adventure thing is a bit oversold to lots of people.

450 pounds and tall.... that makes it tough to live the dream when you are short or older.

I am not bashing the T7, it is a great bike. I got one and am very happy, but it is not my favourite bike for off-road adventures.

In the right hands, it can do anything. I am the weak link.....

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I think too many road riders buy them to do 'a bit of off-roading' then realise its a big old lump off road if you are an inexperienced dirt rider.  Also compared to a multi it's slow and more unrefined.  Great bike though.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 5:06 PM, ScorpionT16 said:

Where do you live that shows 100's of T7's for sale on eBay? They aren't easy to come by here in North America, still with many on wait lists. 

I had a CB500X before the T7. The T7 is a much better bike, purpose built vs a street bike trying to be an off-road bike. The 2019+ Cb500X are a bit better with 19in wheels. The CBX had much better fuel economy, and wasn't as top heavy. The T7 is taller, is top heavy, however the extra 200cc helps on road. 

Uk

On 7/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, Mac1 said:

For me the suspension is the biggest bug bear and needs cash to sort it, which I will probably do

I was out with a quick tuned BMW R100GS airhead and a F800GS, the T7 did ok and struggled though on some of the faster road bits

The 3 'S's ........Seat/Screen and Suspension need sorting for most riders and it's a lump offroad in UK conditions (fine at this time of year, in the dry)

On 7/11/2022 at 11:31 PM, Mac1 said:

there are currently over 100 t7s for sale on ebay alone

This is a BS post.  I searched the UK and the US and there is not a single T7 for sale on any of them.  Another idiot in the fray

1 hour ago, winddown said:

This is a BS post.  I searched the UK and the US and there is not a single T7 for sale on any of them.  Another idiot in the fray

Don’t knock yourself down wanker

Over rrp? Wtf?! 
Shet, if I had any money I’d do a swap with you US guys on shipping, I’ll sort the t7,and a euro trip,  you bring a willys jeep over. Don’t know what’s wrong with US yam supply. Doesn’t make good business sense when you can’t give a massive customer demand what it needs. Yamaha need to step up big time. 

Edited by Dougie

12 for sale on Gumtree Aus. A couple with a few ks.

Maybe the Poms don't have the back roads we do in Oz 🤣

Quick count and half UK ebay are dealer new.

I went for a F8Gs to the T7 and am more than happy to do big distances on the T7. Much more comfortable and nimble compared to the F8

Edited by Rider 101
  • Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

14 hours ago, Mac1 said:

Don’t knock yourself down wanker

Hahaha, useless troll.  Welcome to the forum, and the ignore list.

• Like 1