Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Canadian Pre-Orders, sooo, how does this work? what happens next?

Tazmool

• Premium Member

Hello everyone, 

This question is aimed at the fellow Canadian Pre-Order guys and gals, or anyone that has done a pre-order before? 

I saw the bike at a small yamaha dealer, I listened to the offers, said sure, plunked down the $500 and got a piece of paper that is not very descriptive (it does not even say the color of the bike I pre-ordered, its supposed to be black) 

The Yamaha factory rep said that Yamaha will contact me with more info "later" and in addition to that waterproof bag, I was also promised 3 tickets to the Toronto motorcycle show in February (the tickets are supposed to come from Yamaha Canada)

Its been nearly 2 weeks, and I've heard nothing from Yamaha...?

I called the dealer, and double checked to make sure the bike pre-order is in, they said it was....  

Has anyone heard from Yamaha themselves yet? 
Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I'd hate to be missing something and have nothing to ride next season?   

(I have 2 bikes in the garage right now, both of which will be sold in the spring) 

I'd love to have confirmation that my "order is in" and what order # I have.... 

Thoughts? 

Tazmool

I checked with my Yamaha rep here in Northern Ontario Jeff Mcgirr. He was excellent with answering the questions I had. Also the dealership I ordered from is superb. My friend Kevin Muncaster is the owner of Trailside Sports in Espanola Ontario.

The three available colors have a unique code;

XTZ07AMG = Ceramic Ice

XTZ07AMW = Competition White

XTZ07AMB = Power Black

The Power Black code may be on your document. My Yamaha Rep just replied back to me.

Edited by GPSAT
  • Like 1

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black

• Moderators
On 12/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Tazmool said:

Hello everyone, 

This question is aimed at the fellow Canadian Pre-Order guys and gals, or anyone that has done a pre-order before? 

I saw the bike at a small yamaha dealer, I listened to the offers, said sure, plunked down the $500 and got a piece of paper that is not very descriptive (it does not even say the color of the bike I pre-ordered, its supposed to be black) 

The Yamaha factory rep said that Yamaha will contact me with more info "later" and in addition to that waterproof bag, I was also promised 3 tickets to the Toronto motorcycle show in February (the tickets are supposed to come from Yamaha Canada)

Its been nearly 2 weeks, and I've heard nothing from Yamaha...?

I called the dealer, and double checked to make sure the bike pre-order is in, they said it was....  

Has anyone heard from Yamaha themselves yet? 
Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I'd hate to be missing something and have nothing to ride next season?   

(I have 2 bikes in the garage right now, both of which will be sold in the spring) 

I'd love to have confirmation that my "order is in" and what order # I have.... 

Thoughts? 

Tazmool

Good day,

I preordered on the first day possible here in Ontario. I have not heard a thing from Yamaha. My invoice was similar, in that the Tenere was not even in their system - so I made the salesman handwrite out the colour, free waterproof bag offer etc. They said I would eventually hear from Yamaha Financial to proceed with payment details.  I have heard a rock solid June delivery date from multiple sources, with some even stating mid-May. At this point I will bug my dealer once more before the early incentive offer ends this month to make sure I am all set - and help ease the paranoia as I hunker down and wait until June. Your paranoia is certainly mutual. 

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

• Premium Member

Thank you all for the replies, 
It seems my experience is about the same, the dealer here also had trouble finding the bike and the pre-order program on their computer (although they did say that Yamaha does it quite a bit for their snowmobiles, and the dealer had a bunch of sleds pre-ordered)  

The Yamaha rep helped them find the T7 and input the pre-order. 

The model code for mine is the XTZ07AMB = Power Black (Thanks GPSAT) so that too looks to be correct. 

A June delivery would be great, but even July is not bad for a 2021 model.  
I'm expecting for all the pre-order bikes to arrive around the same time (probably a single shipment from Japan) with only the over-land distances throwing in some variability.  

Does anyone have an idea of how many bikes were pre-ordered so far? 
When I spoke with the rep, he mentioned 220 had been ordered canada wide (seems a tad low to me) and the last figure I "heard" was about 345?

Tazmool

• Like 1

I was last to preorder - last to get the bike I assume.  The warden wanted black so we got black, but the red really catches my eye.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I don't think the pre-order "order" will actually have an effect on the delivery order.  Unless there were thousands of bikes pre-ordered.  I do believe that the bike will be built whenever they get around to it, and the pre-order bikes "may" arrive on the first shipment to Canada/USA.  It cannot be efficient to ship a few bikes at a time as they are produced, it will most likely be a large batch.

I think the delivery order may be affected more by the actual location of the customer (distance from port of entry of the bikes, and the customer)  But time will tell. 

Its now January 2020, so the pre-orders are done.  It would be nice to know how many were pre-ordered in Canada and USA

Tazmool

14 hours ago, Tazmool said:

Its now January 2020, so the pre-orders are done.  It would be nice to know how many were pre-ordered in Canada and USA

Tazmool

There was no pre-order available in USA. 😞

Preorder will just be order, once the product code shows in the dealer's system. It doesn't even show as an option right now. And most dealers know less than their customers. I at least found an "honest" enough salesperson to give it to me straight, ha! That he doesn't chase internet rumors and speculation. If it's not in his computer as ready to order, then it doesn't exist for him.

• Premium Member

No US Pre-order? 
I'm a bit surprised, I wonder why Yamaha would do it for such a small market as Canada, and do the whole pre-order Canada tour? 
Don't get me wrong, I am very, very glad they did, and I'm really looking forward to my T7. 

Maybe, the US will get a nice quick roll-out anyway, ie it will be available there pretty much same time as the pre-ordered roll out here...?    

Or maybe, Canada is such a small market, this was a way to get bikes to dealers that have actual customers that want the bike and put money down, while betting that US dealers can just stock the bike and be confident that the bike will sell   (avoiding similar bike sales-flops like the Suzuki B-King......  which I owned, and loved 😉  )

Tazmool

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 12:43 PM, Tazmool said:

I don't think the pre-order "order" will actually have an effect on the delivery order.  Unless there were thousands of bikes pre-ordered.  I do believe that the bike will be built whenever they get around to it, and the pre-order bikes "may" arrive on the first shipment to Canada/USA.  It cannot be efficient to ship a few bikes at a time as they are produced, it will most likely be a large batch.

I think the delivery order may be affected more by the actual location of the customer (distance from port of entry of the bikes, and the customer)  But time will tell. 

Tazmool

We only just received some of our bikes here in Australia over the last couple of weeks and the preference was who ordered first in each state where the bikes were delivered , the bikes were delivered to the Yamaha warehouses where they allocated the bikes to the dealers that placed purchase ordered for the customers, if the customer cancelled then that bike went to the next person in line that had ordered the bike , very fair and well done by Yamaha.

BTW it will be worth the wait, trust me.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 1:27 AM, vilageidgit62 said:

Canadian pre-order special pricing over,

it went from $11999 to $12399

as told in the dealer tour

... I am a bit surprised as well ... I would have expected at least a 500$ difference.

I guess the free bag and low interest rate is the real offer, and possibly receiving the bike a bit earlier. Maybe Yamaha has some more goodies lined up when we will pick up the bike. (crossing fingers)  ... like tools, led flashers, or extra exclusive options. (dreaming here)

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 4/24/2020 at 10:40 PM, tenerecanada said:

And I will add that they took the 'Stage 5' page down, and that link just redirects you to the vanilla Tenere page. I swear I didn't make that up - GIVE A GIRL SOMETHIN!

• Haha 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, GPSAT said:

I checked with my Yamaha rep here in Northern Ontario Jeff Mcgirr. He was excellent with answering the questions I had. Also the dealership I ordered from is superb. My friend Kevin Muncaster is the owner of Trailside Sports in Espanola Ontario.

The three available colors have a unique code;

XTZ07AMG = Ceramic Ice

XTZ07AMW = Competition White

XTZ07AMB = Power Black

The Power Black code may be on your document. My Yamaha Rep just replied back to me.

YouTube Link

Edited by GPSAT
Inserting Link

James 2021 Tenere 700 - Black