Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from CA!

Otis24

Hello,

I'm not a T700 owner yet. 

It's been reccommended to me by several friends who know much more about motos than I do. After reading and watching reviews for the past few weeks I believe this is the next bike for me. 

I only started riding in 2015. My first bike was a $400 1995 Yamaha YZF 600 that was a mess but it worked...mostly. It had about 85,000 miles on it and I knew the previous 4 owners. It had been crashed a lot. 

After riding that thing 5,000 miles I upgraded to a 2009 Suzuki V-Strom DL 650.

I've put almost 30K on the Vstrom. It's a great commuter and I take it on the occasional weekend camping trip on forest service roads. I've been though a lot on this bike. I feel slightly attached to it so I'm going to keep it as my daily driver and see how many miles I can get out of it...just passed 57K. Hopefully it'll be a good commuter for a few more years at least. 

The T700 will mostly be used for weekend trips to the mountains for camping. I have a 2003 Tacoma that I removed the bed and built a flat bed camper in it's place. I love that truck and camper but I love riding a motorcycle to camp spots. I don't love the 14 mpg that it gets. 

I probably won't start the search for a T700 until next year but I'm going to start a list of mods for it.

Crash bars, skid plates, suspension and whatever else looks like I would get use out of that I see on this forum. 

I'm looking forward to learning about this bike and what everyone here thinks of it and does with it. 

• Like 2

The Wee-Strom is a great bike, good choice to hang on to it.

T7, if you are looking new in the USA, get your name on a list now. It seems they are STILL are waiting lists here.

The Yamaha is wayyy cooler than the DL, but they are both good M/C's.

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Just now, Hibobb said:

The Wee-Strom is a great bike, good choice to hang on to it.

T7, if you are looking new in the USA, get your name on a list now. It seems they are STILL are waiting lists here.

The Yamaha is wayyy cooler than the DL, but they are both good M/C's.

For sure...I've heard they're crazy hard to find. 

I recently heard the V-Strom described as a "Dad Bike". Yup, Dad Bike fits. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Otis24 said:

I recently heard the V-Strom described as a "Dad Bike"

Oooo Man, words hurt!!!!

• Haha 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Yo Otis here's one for sale in socal and plus it's got some of the goodies you desire.

00f0f_3BXtGQ519gIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

2021 Yamaha tenere 700 t7 in good condition. Rival components upper, lower crash bars, skid plate, foot pegs, tusk rear rack not shown in pictures. 2600 miles paid over 14k asking 11,500 or best offer

• Moderators

@Otis24 Welcome to the forum.   There are plenty of Parts and Upgrades discussed here on the board, many are awesome for how they make a great platform,  just that much better. You wouldn't be the first to have a garage full of parts waiting for a T7 to adorn.  

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

18 hours ago, Henchman said:

Yo Otis here's one for sale in socal and plus it's got some of the goodies you desire.

00f0f_3BXtGQ519gIz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

2021 Yamaha tenere 700 t7 in good condition. Rival components upper, lower crash bars, skid plate, foot pegs, tusk rear rack not shown in pictures. 2600 miles paid over 14k asking 11,500 or best offer

I saw that one the other day. It looks super clean!
I think I'm going to wait until 2023. I was ready to start the search in ernest earlier in the year but ended up spending all my bike cash on dental work. Oh well at least I'll have teeth, I guess. 

• Like 1