Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New . . well almost . . in UK

Ginny

I joined a couple of weeks back looking for help with my dealings with T7Rally.com. Thankfully that is now resolved and I suddenly thought  'ooh, how rude of me, I haven't introduced myself' My name is Ginny; based on the South Coast of the UK. I bought my T7 in November '20 just in time to not ride it for a few weeks due to lockdown 😞 I have done a few mods to it mostly to make it more robust as I am not averse to throwing myself and it at the scenery from time to time 🙂 

I had sports bikes for the last few decades (the last being a ZX9R E1) so this was a new thing for me. The interest was initiated after I hired a Tiger 800 to ride from LA to Tucson over the San Gabriel mts and the Twenty Nine Palms Highway and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was all set to buy one when the Tenere came out . . . ooooh I thought that is nice and definitely more attractive to me for not having a million computers and screens and buttons . . just a motorbike (yeah I am an old fart boomer lol - I thought about calling myself Tenere Lady lol . . . I'll get my coat 😄 ) Anyway, hello to everyone 😄 

Ginny

20220722_132124.jpg

Edited by Ginny
Forgot something
  • Like 3

Welcome! Congrats to your great colour choice, as everybody knows white/red ones run better, faster, smoother!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Welcome! Congrats to your great colour choice, as everybody knows white/red ones run better, faster, smoother!

Doesn't everyone know this fact? More unfathomable is why there are other colours out there 🙄🤪🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

@Ginny Welcome to the forum and interesting to know that being from across the pond, you embrace the " beauty" of the desert.  Being a desert dweller most of my life, I'm amazed by the lush green landscapes I see in photos from your side of the Atlantic.   Good to see you selected the best looking model as well.  Please post pics of your riding area as it's an amazing part of the world.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

4 hours ago, AZJW said:

@Ginny Welcome to the forum and interesting to know that being from across the pond, you embrace the " beauty" of the desert.  Being a desert dweller most of my life, I'm amazed by the lush green landscapes I see in photos from your side of the Atlantic.   Good to see you selected the best looking model as well.  Please post pics of your riding area as it's an amazing part of the world.

Hi, yeah the desert was my favourite part of the ride, I even saw a road runner which made my day 🙂 It was there that I finally tried the cruise control and just leant on the tank watching the world go by with no one else around. 

There are some pics from our trip to North Wales in May this year. I don't think there are any sheep in these pics but trust me they are everywhere, on the trails and small roads as well.

20220517_204747.jpg

20220519_112950.jpg

GreenLane.jpg

• Like 1