Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T700 wheels.

Robert Molnar

Good day. I am new to the forum and own a 21 T700. Not my first adv bike. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried to lace a smaller width rear rim to factory hub and spokes.

• Like 1

I built a set supplied by Woody's. Had the choice of stock (OEM) hub, or Haan. So it's doable, yes. Also had the choice of stock hub with or without the cush drive. When swapping wheels, all that has to be done is swap the cush and attached sprocket. Unfortunately,  at the time I ordered, the OEM items were on backorder,  so I went with the Haan hub. Great hub, better than OEM, but I do have to swap out the rear sprocket from hub to hub when I wheel change. Not a big deal. I choose the 1.6 for the front, and 2.5 width for the rear. Can run a 130 rear tire on the dirt now, makes the bike handle much better in technical conditions. 

• Like 1