Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hoping to get my T7 back tomorrow

NeilW

As many of you know a quad rider took out my front end. I have been collecting parts from around the world ( shout to CMSNL.com in Netherlands for having parts that the USA did not have)

New (both) front fork assemblies, new front wheel, Upper and lower Triple Clamps with new bearings, lower handlbar mount, and new foot brake lever. Owner of Smitty's Motorsports near me in Oregon said he should have it ready tomorrow. Bike has been laid up since May 21. The summer has been passing me by....So many forest roads and so little time before it snows again.

• Like 7

That's a hell of a wait Neil!  Glad to hear you'll be back up and riding again soon though.  Have fun out there.  Oh, and why not get some studded tires, then you can ride in the winter months

😁

werg.jpg.69cc7d3b755f996512b5684598d67157.jpg

Well the bike was in the lift and the tech started unbolting the tripleclamp and discovered that all three steering nut’s threads were stripped from the impact. I have them in order - luckily they are in stock at Yamaha, and should have them to the repair shop by Tuesday/Wednesday. Uggh. On the bright side “next” weekend will be cooler than this weekend….

6 hours ago, winddown said:

That's a hell of a wait Neil!  Glad to hear you'll be back up and riding again soon though.  Have fun out there.  Oh, and why not get some studded tires, then you can ride in the winter months

😁

werg.jpg.69cc7d3b755f996512b5684598d67157.jpg

Need to ride from 45 minutes to 2 hours on highways to get to the dirt. Studs sound like fun but unfortunately won’t work for me. But thanks for the suggestion.