Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

P0132 o2 sensor code solution.

Buggy Nate

Question

I had a o2 sensor code pop up the other day. Two of them actually. On the first cold start of the day and instantly. One was the o2 sensor circuit reading rich (high voltage) and another for heater circuit fault.

Ordered a lead and cleared nil issues since. Hoping it was just a phantom code. I had a few ones on the last couple of injected bikes although they were self clearing once the fault disappeared. These new bikes like to hold on to codes like a long lost friend.

I do have the sensor extension cable that came with the de cat headers. You can’t simply unplug the sensor like previous Yamahas anymore with this Euro 5 dribble. Anyone found a good emulator if it re occurs?

Edited by Buggy Nate

1 answer to this question

I located the reason for the fault code, the extension harness fitted to the o2 sensor for the dominator headers is of a pretty average quality. The waterproof seals are next to useless and the lower coupler was full of moisture when I rechecked it after a recurrence of the engine fault code P0132.

Just an FYI if anyone has a similar issue. I will be making a better waterproof harness.

Edited by Buggy Nate
  • Like 1