Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Small plastic caps.

slawmir

I bought a few fence pole plastic caps which nicely fit to the frame in  holes where swingarm pivot shaft is mounted.

Now, I wonder if there is any particular reason why Yamaha left those holes open without any cover. Maybe it's open for some reason? What do you think? 

It looks nicer with caps and what's important for me it's safer because there are less sharp surfaces close to my ankle.

WP_20191218_13_25_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20191218_13_32_11_Pro.jpg

Edited by slawmir
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I bought mine (and a fender extender also) from Pyramid Plastics. 

Pyramid-Plastics-Branding-2017_7984a1f0-

Designing and manufacturing motorcycle accessories since 1986. Including the world famous Extenda Fenda...

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Nice on,  i did this to mine as well. I've done the same to previous bikes like my DR650,  I just happened to have some plugs left over from that bike and they fit the T7 😀

IMG_6006.jpeg

Edited by boboneleg
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

i bought some panel plugs/caps....30mm but found them too small.  32mm is about the correct size.

13 minutes ago, bth2 said:

i bought some panel plugs/caps....30mm but found them too small.  32mm is about the correct size.

That's 1.25" in freedom units

• Like 2