Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Atlas throttle Lock.

Sulli

Recently purchased Atlas throttle lock.  I cannot get the product to fit correctly, the lock sits up against the rubber flange of the throttle grip, when it is engaged, it simply pushes against a hard service and compresses into flange of the grip.  The lock has nothing rigid to stabilize it and there for is ineffective.  Has anyone found a work around for the Tenere 700?

I don't have one, but was looking at getting it. But I noticed that you need 3mm clearance between the throttle grip & the right hand cluster. Maybe that is the issue you are having?

clearance is good, however when you tighten down the unit stays in an angled position.  It's going on ebay.  Cannot recommend.

20220804_161228.jpg

20220804_160308.jpg

Got rid of my atlas and got one of these. It’s not as convenient to adjust speed when it use, but it for sure does not move. And it’s a fraction of the price. 

Instagram @black_dog_moto

YouTube @ Black Dog Moto

3 hours ago, Sulli said:

clearance is good, however when you tighten down the unit stays in an angled position.  It's going on ebay.  Cannot recommend.

20220804_161228.jpg

20220804_160308.jpg

looking at that photo you have it clamped on the rubber grip it should be clamped on the plastic tube under the grip.

It's most definately clamped on the tube.  Just butted up against the rubber grip.  The angle it's sits at makes it look that way.

Edited by Sulli

On 8/5/2022 at 4:35 AM, Sulli said:

It's most definately clamped on the tube.  Just butted up against the rubber grip.  The angle it's sits at makes it look that way.

OK can you straighten a bit?

Not while its on the tube, not sure how the bottom bracket should look?  Maybe the bottom bracket is bent?

It shouldn't be bent like that have you assembled it correctly?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
45 minutes ago, PaulR said:

What did Atlas say when you reached out to them? 

Welcome to the forum. If you quote the post or put @ in front of their user name i.e. @Sulli, they'll be notified of your question.  Unfortunately @Sulli hasn't visited the forum since October 2022, so a response might not happen very quickly.  

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

yeah take it off, read your instruction again and try again... it doesn't look right do you have the proper friction pad ? I needed 3mm and there is a plastic disk between the handle and the plastic it needs to be by the handle yours is by the plastic throttle cluster.      

image.png.1154e86b782b8ec75db3b11c6b3cce2b.png

Edited by maddog123

After a year of testing, the Black Dog Cycle Works throttle lock works perfectly, with barkbusters and all. Worth the high price, and it looks and feels like factory installed part.  

Much better then the .79c O-ring cruise control.

i have the Kaoko throttle lock which serves me really well. expensive for what it is but hey ho. My problem i got the one that's meant for the stock hand guards, now i want Barkbusters and i wont be spending another 120 quid for a BB specific Kaoko. Hence will probably get barkbusters and a cheapo throttle lock. 

• 1 month later...

I also have a Kaoko, and I am very, very happy with it, simple well manufactured and has saved much wrist ache on long highway rides across Europe. 10/10