Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Need a floor jack suggestion

Husafreak

Dang, I rolled out my trusty MX-EZ-UP to lube the chain of my shiny new T7 and It is too tall to get under the bike, even with the stock Yamaha "cowl", and there is no way I'm gonna lift it onto the stand, and the stand says 350 lb limit, and yeah, I need another floor jack. I do not want to buy a center stand. I plan to include as much trail as possible in my adventures and hoping to keep it as light as possible. Plus there is the whole center stand, bashplate compatibility thing and I haven't chosen a one yet.

Thanks

Edited by Husafreak

• Moderators

@Husafreak. Can't get much lighter than this.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I use one of these, gets both wheels off the ground, balanced quite well with bash plate on.

IMG_20200606_112727091.jpg

IMG_20200606_112706044.jpg

• Like 1

Trail stand is a pretty neat invention. But not very sturdy for big jobs maybe…

Where is that floor Jack from Stevoh ? Or manufacturer?

Edited by Husafreak

I have a Pitbull jack (not the same company as the Pit Bull stands) that will lift 1,450 lbs up to 25".  J&S makes a similar jack.

They are not cheap, but rugged and reliable.  Working on the bike is a lot easier using the jack.

I thought about a lift table, but found the Pitbull on Craigslist for a great deal.

• Like 1

I ended up with something called a Big Red Motorcycle Jack from HomeDepot. 109 plus tax not too bad. I'll sell my old Jack to offset.

IMG_20211009_160734.thumb.jpg.6f71c72b6ede9c0e7534ffa524263f36.jpg

I have this one, just under €50 and this kind of scissor jacks are available from many manufacturers. This one kan handle 500kg and if i put it under the front of the skidplate i can get the front wheel out and to the back the same goes for the rear.
With the skidplate removed i can still use it to keep the bike upright for oil changes.