Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Euro 4 verses Euro 5

stavely

Hi I'm new here and I'm about to buy one. Other than emissions are there any pros and cons of different euro spec? Does one run less lumpy low down for instance, are after market exhausts considerably different, that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I'm already aware that white ones are faster!

• Like 3

My Aussie model Euro 5 runs smooth as a peach. I’d have no problems recommending it to anyone.

• Like 3

I've got a 22 euro 5, l'm having problems getting my ecu flashed to suit the airbox mods l want to do, mob-up designs lid with frog skin pre-filter though it'll just be a matter of time and someone will be flashing the 22 ecu. Euro 5's run very lean to make the emissions, this causes a few problems low down, on/off throttle transition which you've mentioned, airbox mods become limited as they create more airflow, making it leaner again and why ECU flashing is a must.. richer and smoother!  Also with the euro 5 model, the cat is located in the downpipes so bashplates are pushed further forward maybe 1-1.5 inches to accommodate. Some hide the cat, some don't, mines a CP bashplate and l'm happy with it - same as Adventure Spec. Other than the cat, ecu and colour they're the same. Oh! 2022 white will have gold wheels. I was lucky, had a great dealer swap out the gold for black.  Hope this helps and at the end of the day what do you want to do with your bike?

3 hours ago, skoalBANDIT said:

I've got a 22 euro 5, l'm having problems getting my ecu flashed to suit the airbox mods ... Hope this helps and at the end of the day what do you want to do with your bike?

I just want to ride the bike. I do get tired of cat deletes, loud exhausts, fuel rich stink.

My first mods will accommodate rider ergonomics / comfort, soft luggage, trail tools, then ride in dust and rocks /  dumped-in-the-dirt bike protection. Next will be suspension.  Other than an oiled foam pre-filter I personally see no use for freer flowing airbox mods, ECU flashes or louder exhausts. That's just me. YMMV. 🙂

Edited by Black99S
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skoalBANDIT said:

I've got a 22 euro 5, l'm having problems getting my ecu flashed to suit the airbox mods l want to do, mob-up designs lid with frog skin pre-filter though it'll just be a matter of time and someone will be flashing the 22 ecu. Euro 5's run very lean to make the emissions, this causes a few problems low down, on/off throttle transition which you've mentioned, airbox mods become limited as they create more airflow, making it leaner again and why ECU flashing is a must.. richer and smoother!  Also with the euro 5 model, the cat is located in the downpipes so bashplates are pushed further forward maybe 1-1.5 inches to accommodate. Some hide the cat, some don't, mines a CP bashplate and l'm happy with it - same as Adventure Spec. Other than the cat, ecu and colour they're the same. Oh! 2022 white will have gold wheels. I was lucky, had a great dealer swap out the gold for black.  Hope this helps and at the end of the day what do you want to do with your bike?

Cheers, that's the type of info I was after! I have a KTM 400 and Beta Alp 4.0 for gnarly trail riding. The T7 will be my road bike and then trail trips like ACT Portugal and ACT Pyrenees. So fifty fifty road /light trail, travel over long distances. It sounds like a reflash to fix the initial throttle glitch will be needed at some point which is OK.

The price of a new Euro 5 and a secondhand 4 is so close here in Spain I have decided to go brand new. Thanks again

No worries and thank you, you're in a beautiful part of the world. 

Here's mine, now complete bar the flash. I'll get round to posting a run-down soon. Happy to answer any questions. Cheers

20220804_165748.jpg

• Like 1

Getting a Euro 5 bike flashed is not a problem in the US.  2WDW uses FTECU tools that seem to work OK.  They had some teething pains after a new FTECU upload when they flashed my bike but all is working fine now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, skoalBANDIT said:

No worries and thank you, you're in a beautiful part of the world. 

Here's mine, now complete bar the flash. I'll get round to posting a run-down soon. Happy to answer any questions. Cheers

20220804_165748.jpg

kinda off topic but where did you get the decal? Nice look

Hi,

Kutvek graphics (link below) - great quality, good fit, easy to apply, they align well and really changes the look of the bike.

Ride safe..

chester-tenere-700-29267.jpg

Kutvek Kit Graphik proposes to you the Yamaha TENERE 700 Street Bike Chester Graphic Kit and a wide range of graphics for your Street Bike and the ability to customize your own graphic kit. Graphic Kit Street Bike

On 8/17/2022 at 10:32 PM, Hollybrook said:

Getting a Euro 5 bike flashed is not a problem in the US.  2WDW uses FTECU tools that seem to work OK.  They had some teething pains after a new FTECU upload when they flashed my bike but all is working fine now. 

Hi, l'd be interested in your thoughts on the euro 5 flash by 2wdw / ftecu. I take it the software comes from ftecu and the flashing is done by 2wdw? I had to cancel my order from 2wdw as they or ftecu require my ecu to be sent to the US to "break" so that it can be re-mapped. I intended to flash the ecu myself using the downloadable data though this l believe is not yet available and being in Oz is logistically is way too risky. I'd appreciate your thoughts as l have geared up for a flashed ecu - mobup airfilter lid and freer flowing filter. Cheers.

@skoalBANDITif you do not send your ECU to 2WDW, you may be able to buy the FTECU flash kit from them along with the ECU code. It is more expensive but gives you better control and any changes can be emailed instead of sending your ECU back to them. 

Thanks, l'd bought the flashing kit and later told the mailed software wasn't available hence the cancelled order. What I was asking was performance over standard - pro's and cons? Cheers

For me, it was well worth the cost and problems sending it in. The throttle response and midrange power were significantly improved,  and the fan temperatures lowered. 

On 8/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Black99S said:

I just want to ride the bike. I do get tired of cat deletes, loud exhausts, fuel rich stink.

🙂

Me too.  If it's a sport bike designed for high performance, ok, I get it, but you have to draw the line somewhere.   This is a basic reliable engine and I wouldn't want some dyno junkies tinkering with it myself.