Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from San Pedro, California

nyal

Hey all. I bought some cheap property in the California high desert just north of Lucerne Valley and decided I needed a motorcycle to explore the endless trails out there. A bike that I could ride out from the city and cover any ground I find in front of me.  Picked up my 2022 Tenere 700 in blue from Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino.  I hadn't set butt on a motorcycle since the early 80's.  Perhaps I'm going out on a limb but so far I really love the bike. Still in the break-in period with a few hundred miles on her but what a sweetheart. I'm in love. Can't wait to post pics of my desert adventures.

• Like 2

@nyal welcome california rider - SoCal here, Ventura. enjoy the Forum and enjoy the T7. day "hi" when you make it to my area.  I'm headed up to the Lost Coast, via Shasta, the 2nd half of Sept - I don't get out as much as I'd like. be safe, 

Chris

Welcome @nyal! I wish I lived as close to dirt as you but I’m enjoying myself on the coast.

The lost coast has been on my radar for awhile @thepointchrisso pls post your ride/route and keep us inspired and entertained:) 

Safe travels!

We have a “Lost Coast” dual sport event up here. I haven’t ridden it in a bunch of years  but my new Tenere want’s to do it soooo…

@Husafreak I'll be between Crescent and Eureka for 4 or 5 days, if you have any gems to point out. ill be looking for a camp spot near eureka to set up base.

You will be farther north than I’ve been. The Lost Coast Dual Sport event stayed in Fort Bragg.

Hopefully in another year I’ll know!

Edited by Husafreak