Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

A few more Mods....

electric_monk

So I have recently swapped the standard two piece seat for a rally seat and I have found it to be more comfortable than the original and like the feel of sitting on top of the bike more. 

On friday I will be upgrading the front amd rear springs for something a bit more suitable for my weight. I just hope the two changes don't leave me struggling for leg length. Saturday could be an interesting day....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and ordered the rally seat when I bought my T7.  Now waiting for it to arrive, so I have to ask...how did your ride go on the rally seat?

If I may.  I waited a LONG time for mine to arrive.  The Rally seat is perfect for the bike.  I have your dimensions as well.  You won't be disappointed.  

I am 6’4” tall with a 35” inseam and bought the Yamaha rally seat.  It is much better than the stock two piece seat for me as I am not sitting on the seam/joint of the stock seats.  It does put you way up there…..sort of like a motocross bike.

• Moderators

What he said /\.  6'1", 36" inseam, the Rally seat made a world of difference.   I toss on my SC tall comfort if I'm going to do some long distance slab, otherwise my Rally will be on the bike. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I'm 5' 10' with a 31 inseam and the rally seat and the changed springs are very tall so I have to be careful. I've a week in France shortly and that will give a better measure of how the rally seat is on a long day..

@AZJW I am 6'3" with a 36" inseam, so we are sized a lot alike.  How much of a difference does the SC seat make?  And is it the one piece or kit for the stock front seat?

I hated the stock seat and only used it for the two hour ride home from the dealer.  The rally seat feels comfortable and I like just about everything about it except that I am only good for a couple of hours before wanting to take a break.  My thought has been to get a better seat for long highway rides, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a seat that is only marginally better than the rally seat.

• Moderators

@HollybrookWell, IMHO, the SC Comfort Tall one piece I have isn't head and shoulders better than the Rally,  but it does help on longer rides.  It is wider up front than the Rally so I don't care for it off road, however it is a bit better for long slab rides.  I, like others, had the option of sending it back for an adjustment, but I never did.  I got a decent deal on it with the forum group buy, but I just don't think I can recommend it at list price over the Rally.  I'm not bashing it, just for me it didn't make a whale of a difference,  so it's doing duty on my son's new T7. He's 6'2", 36" inseam and still looking for more height! 😀  Hope this is a somewhat helpful posteriorial (sp?) opinion.  😉

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@AZJW I have Bosley's 30mm down and 20mm back pegs, and they made a big difference in comfort for me.  Perhaps they would help out your son as well. 

• Thanks 1

I have had the rally seat from day 1. It is OK but not the answer for long highway rides. I still have to have a quick stand every hour or so.

My previous was an F8GS. I tried the original, SC comfort and a Renazco. The Renazco was the best of the 3 but the only thing that came close to comfort was an Air Hawk. Ugly but functional.

I need to try it on the T7 for fit and speed of removal

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.