Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Rackless luggage for everyday use

Peppe

Hello, 

I'm looking for a unicorn luggage for my unicorn bike (the T7). I will use these bags for daily commuting, short trips on/off road, small grocery sometimes,... .

It will often happen that the bags are almost empty. 

Requirements are:

* rackless

* good/high quality (I will crash them off road :D) 

* good looking

* 20-30 lt total left+right

* works fine when almost empty (no flapping, rattling,...) 

* possibly allow passengers seat to be used  (optional) 

My main options are Kriega OS 12, Enduristan Blizzard L, maybe mosko 40L (too pricey though), Red Mamut Xduro (very similar to Mosko but more affordable). Blizzard are the top runner at the moment. 

About Kriega, I read that the bags are sometimes not correctly secured when almost empty. Is it so? 

I would also like to know if Enduristan Blizzard straps can be mounted under the passenger seat. 

About Mosko/RedMamut, the base is so thick that I doubt it could be comfortable for a passenger to seat on it, even for short rides. What you think? Not sure about how they work when almost empty. 

Thank you 

Cheers

Mosko Moto Reckless 40 but for use with a passenger you must need a rack to mount it further back. Due to the beavertail you can't sit on it.

With the R80 you can take it off.

I love Mosko Moto stuff but i ride only solo.

I got the RedMamut Xduro with a Adventure 20l center bag. It is well made and a snug fit. It is mounted over the passenger seat, the Adventure would also sit very well there (in their photos they have it further back on a rack and seems bulkier).

The base is fairly stiff but sits flat on the seat and the strap down flaps can be easily removed so that a short trip for a passenger is okay, for a longer trip one could velcro a small pad on it.

The 12l side bags are not really big but the slip-out functionality is good. It would be okay taking a short trip with them empty but for a freeway ride it is only four straps to unmount making it a better option.

It may be worth considering the Adventure kit for more volume, solid stuff though. Also have a look at 21brothers.eu, also Polish and interesting options.

Couldn't be happier with my Kriega os 6's and 12's...6's for daily use and 12's for travel.  No problem when empty...perfect for the T7!!

I'm also thinking to install a rear rack. I like the one from Perun Moto. Do you know if specific T7 OS-base could be mounted on it? Do I need to use the universal os-base instead? 

check out the 21 brothers pocket.

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

31 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

check out the 21 brothers pocket.

It's 50lt, right? A bit too much for what I need. 

Rogal Big Rally is probably a better option. I didn't found yet enough real life test/reviews and it's not as modular as other options, but I'm considering it too

On 8/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, Peppe said:

It's 50lt, right? A bit too much for what I need.

2*25L is the smallest size indeed

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

I use the Blizzard XL with an adventure spec soft bag rack. I put a BB rear rack on to pull them a little further back to give passenger a bit more leg room. With the smaller bag you may not need to. The Blizzards are great though, they stay on all the time, plenty of space and water proof, have been down a few times and no damage so far, no flapping.

Currently in the middle of a 4000km trip 2-up, and no complaints about sitting on the straps or space.

• Thanks 1