Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Extra set of wheels

Dominic

Ok so I am thinking about making the investment of an extra set of wheels so I can have a set of 90% dirt biased tyres and a set of 90% road biased tyres simply by changing the wheels over I get a proper focused bike. The reason behind this is well I love riding both road and dirt but and there are tyres for both occasion but none that I can find that do both so if I want to go away for 3/4 days on a road tour I will be able and visa versa - my question is has anyone else gone down this road and if so how well has it worked out for you ¿? Dont want to fall down the rabbit hole of a 2500€ investment if its basically flawed.

It works great. Half hour to swap them out. The only downside is the cost, which is......lots. This Woody's set complete with disks, ABS rings, tires and tubes ran me almost $3000 CAD. But when I want to go single track bush riding vs everyday slogging, they are 30 mins away!

PXL_20220429_025741689 Resize.jpg

• Like 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

cool thanks dude, i am aware of the cost and actually have a drz which i run the same way but it is what it is...........those tyres do not look that different imo----i was going to go almost full road tyre and some 90% db tyres

5 hours ago, Dominic said:

cool thanks dude, i am aware of the cost and actually have a drz which i run the same way but it is what it is...........those tyres do not look that different imo----i was going to go almost full road tyre and some 90% db tyres

The tires on the stock rims are Shinko 804/805's in this pic. Hate them. Back to running Mitas E-07+ FR and RR for gravel/pavement whatever. The Woody's have 908RR on the rear and a 606 on the front. Massive difference!

I think I have Yamaha disease...