Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2 guys tried to jack my 450l

S.Ga.Rider

2 guys tried to steal my 450 the other night. I got them on video but they had their faces covered. I had to invest in locks. 9 years living here and never had a single issue. 2 months after getting the honda it almost got stolen. Thank god for my cane corso. She ran them off.

304904552_8619216928104133_6954008194840092116_n.jpg

• Sad 1

The world is going to hell in a handbasket (as Mom used to say). 

In my lifetime we went from "Leave it to Beaver" to "Kardashians" and (I can't mention politics)....

The world is F'd.

• Like 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

I'm thinking of wiring my bikes to 220VAC...I think the tires will provide adequate insulation, but have to figure out the side stand...might use a carved out hockey puck. Let them try to take my bike then...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think I have Yamaha disease...

Man that’s great that the dog scared them off. How did they plan to take it? Load it on a truck or something?

I used to shut the gas off on my KTM450 thinking if they started it at least it wouldn’t go far.

I lived in Manhattan in the early 80’s and crooks were always on the prowl, then in the military in the Philippines they were even more aggressive crooks. Never thought that would be happening on the quiet residential neighborhood I live in now but it has. The US is a third world country now. Desperate people and cartels, PD with no teeth.

Maybe start a thread about theft prevention devices for the T7? While I take my luggage, GPS, and keys into McDonalds for a lunch stop!

I am as guilty as the next guy for not using the steering lock. Not that it would stop a theft but it might slow them down a bit.

On my old dirt bikes I know kids (Anyone younger than 40) would give up before they started a kick start bike....

• Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

6 hours ago, Husafreak said:

Man that’s great that the dog scared them off. How did they plan to take it? Load it on a truck or something?

I used to shut the gas off on my KTM450 thinking if they started it at least it wouldn’t go far.

I lived in Manhattan in the early 80’s and crooks were always on the prowl, then in the military in the Philippines they were even more aggressive crooks. Never thought that would be happening on the quiet residential neighborhood I live in now but it has. The US is a third world country now. Desperate people and cartels, PD with no teeth.

Maybe start a thread about theft prevention devices for the T7? While I take my luggage, GPS, and keys into McDonalds for a lunch stop!

I dont know. It was 430 in the morning  and I was asleep. The camera only covers the parking area. 

• Like 1