Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Dakar rally 2020

Aleksandar13

• Moderators

I’ve always enjoyed watching the Malle Moto guys attempt it solo. Heres an hour long look into what they go through. That guy Lyndon also did it the next year, and posted daily videos of his Dakar experience. Cool stuff - tough guys. 

Edited by tenerecanada
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

1 hour ago, al700 said:

I think his name is Lyndon but it doesn't matter that much...

I've been following Lyndon Poskitt 2 years now... This year he has his own team and has invited 4 riders to race with him... 🙂

• Like 2

Not long now... Get the popcorn and the beers.. Send the wife's shopping 😂😂🍿🍿🍺

• Thanks 1

Thank you all above for your video links. I must however, point out a few things first. 

1, this evening I have had a few beers and a cigar (and a little rum and African liquor),

2,  though I find desert and long distance off road racing to be spectacular (maybe because I once fancied myself trying such a sport) I have never really follower the Pari-Dakar race during the years I have been riding bikes myself, maybe because it wasn't on television where I live when I was young and it wasn't what my friends were into,

3, I don't have a T7, nor do I have the $$$ just yet to get one, so maybe I shouldn't be on this forum? Be it though, I am saving, you bet I am, because at my age (I am getting past the good years of one's only life) I know if I don't get a good bike soon and enjoy such machine it will be too late for me and I will become the eternal dreamer,

4, I have noticed, in recent times, with this computer and the www, I may actually be able to follow, in some form, the latest Dakar race, and follow it like I never could before,

5, and finally, though I am an AU person of life and birth, going for Toby Price would seem natural, and it is, I would love to see a Yamaha win again. I have loved Yamaha since my IT250J I rode, way back then....

Now, all that being said, thanks again chaps for the vids, and let the race begin!

Shane

• Like 3

So I am now following Lyndon and the official Dakar page on U toob and have watched a few of Lyndon's videos, very interesting indeed. Unfortunately the latest Dakar podium "live start podium" was blocked in my country! Should I have seen it live only? Is there another option for people in places like where I live?

Cheers all, let the race begin indeed!

Shane

• Like 1

Latest from the Dakar... There might be some more videos coming soon from the first stage. 

• Like 2

Lyndon poskitt is racing in Africa Eco Race...that ends in Dakar Africa. The Dakar rally 2020 takes place in Saudi Arabia...Lyndon Poskitt will race in Africa not Saudi Arabia...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that explains it. I thought he was racing dakar 2020, as he had years past, as this thread was leading to/talking about. Thanks for setting me straight.

• Like 2

I hope people are enjoying the Dakar so far...lyndon will have his own thread once he starts the race 🙂

• Like 1

Due to technical issue at the last waypoint results have been altered...Van Beveren is out because of a crash...

Edited by al700

image.thumb.png.2e63976d1559afee277954a35ba762a0.png

This is the list on the official website ! ... ignore my scree from work !

Edited by Aleksandar13
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
19 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I hope people are enjoying the Dakar so far...lyndon will have his own thread once he starts the race 🙂

Is he just racing the Africa Eco Race this year instead?

Just now, tenerecanada said:

Is he just racing the Africa Eco Race this year instead?

Yes he is... I wasn't aware of this until we have checked the Dakar site. 

3 hours ago, al700 said:

Due to technical issue at the last waypoint results have been altered...Van Beveren is out because of a crash...

Just saw the video, that was a nasty wipe out...

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, al700 said:

I think the road-maps were incorrect!

• Moderators

Nice to see strong finishes from team Honda, sitting 1,2,3 right now. I hope they have a good year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shaneygrog said:

I think the road-maps were incorrect!

Ya, from the recap video, it seems the roap map was incorrect and he has quickly remember the map right before the start...

Can't imagine the stress he had and stress can do wonder things...