Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Andreani cartridge

Prestone

I have been searching all over for a review or test of these cartridges but with no luck sadly, is there anyone in here who has them and can tell a bit about how they work and feel ?

CRK-AD-T700-RA-55-Gabel-Cartridge-Kit-RA

Andreani hydraulic front fork Cartridge Kit Off-Road / Street Yamaha Tenere 700   Fully adjustable hydraulic fork cartridge kit with OEM fork…

• 2 weeks later...

I and my wife rode ~12K with them, 70/30 with light to some medium offroad. Overall, I am happy with them. I needed something that could support an high load (two up + back/front luggages), and that could offer better precision and support when offroading solo. On tarmac, they proven to be better than the stock ones. More progressive, better rebound and they did not add an uncomfortable amount of rigidity. They supported our 'stupid' load well, including when riding the endless twisties of southern and southeaster Europe. Offroad, I started with a base setting and then I slightly adapted them to my needs but I rapidly understood that the forks are more capable than I am. They never bottomed, including on very small jumps and they kept the front where I wanted it to go on somehow rocky terrain.  Note that we had to pair those forks to a Tractive Extreme rear shock because it was the only one we could get on time for us to start traveling.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure.

They are valved VERY stiff for road or low speed offroad usage. You feel every bump on the road and off the road. On high speed offroad it will be stable and wont bottom out.

The inner parts quality is surprisingly low considering the price.

Spring rates options for these cartridges are low - only .55 or .60, wich is why they valve them so stiff i guess.

I had to revalve mine a few times to get a proper ridable result. Also had to made some cnc spacer to adapt and install an aftermarket springs for a proper sag.

Wouldnt buy them again if i knew i would have to do so much work on them to get a reasonable result and still end up with 20mm pistons instead of larger ones like in the RallyRaid or Ohlins cartridges.

Edited by Interceptor

I suggest the K-Tech cartridges.  Wide selection of spring rates.  GREAT ride on road and off road.  Spring preload to dial in your front sag.  They are a great bang for the buck.  

8 hours ago, Interceptor said:

Sure.

They are valved VERY stiff for road or low speed offroad usage. You feel every bump on the road and off the road. On high speed offroad it will be stable and wont bottom out.

The inner parts quality is surprisingly low considering the price.

Spring rates options for these cartridges are low - only .55 or .60, wich is why they valve them so stiff i guess.

I had to revalve mine a few times to get a proper ridable result. Also had to made some cnc spacer to adapt and install an aftermarket springs for a proper sag.

Wouldnt buy them again if i knew i would have to do so much work on them to get a reasonable result and still end up with 20mm pistons instead of larger ones like in the RallyRaid or Ohlins cartridges.

Thanks for that 

Glad now, that I changed my order to Ohlins cartridges instead (despite the £400 extra costs over the Andreani ones) 

• Like 1