Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Shift lever height adjustment

Husafreak

Question

Rode my new T7 with tall toed moto boots on and simply rotated the shift lever one spline to get under the lever. But it is a bit higher than ideal now. The T7 has an adjustable pushrod in the linkage. So maybe I should try that. Is it infinitely adjustable? I mean does the pushrod have reversed threads like a turnbuckle? I took a look at it but never seen anything like it so wondered if it is OK to adjust it and how.

Edited by Husafreak

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Husafreak said:

Rode my new T7 with tall toed moto boots on and simply rotated the shift lever one spline to get under the lever. But it is a bit higher than ideal now. The T7 has an adjustable pushrod in the linkage. So maybe I should try that. Is it infinitely adjustable? I mean does the pushrod have reversed threads like a turnbuckle? I took a look at it but never seen anything like it so wondered if it is OK to adjust it and how.

Adjustable with reverse threads on one end (don’t remember if top or bottom).  Be aware that you can’t lower the lever much from stock as the heim joint will make contact with the foot peg mount plate.  I used a Dremel tool to remove some metal for more clearance when dowshifting.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 2

Having another look at this: I would like to LOWER my shifter, but just one spline lower gets it into contact with the foor-peg mount, as noted above. Other than getting out the Dremel (which I want to avoid), should I just get one of these:2022 Gilles Adjustable Gear Shift Lever RCT-Y06-S-KIT-B

Cheaper than SW-Motech, and AliBaba not an option for me.

Gilles cheaper than SW Motech? Hell has frozen over!

I do see any benefit to that lever.  How does it help lower the toe piece?