Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2023 info?

WingVetteStrom

Got the call.  A 2022 waiting for me at the dealer.  However was wondering if anyone has any skinny on possible OEM upgrades/changes for 2023. 
Wondering if I should pass and stay in line for a 2023?

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

I am betting on BNG for 2023.  Buy the 2022 while you can.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm looking at the $11K I paid in '21, and the smiles that the 9000miles brought me. I would never pass in this climate.  Get riding!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

I am betting on BNG for 2023.  Buy the 2022 while you can.

BNG?  Translate please. 

• Like 1

When i remember all the posts on the time people in America have to wait for a T7 i don't understand you even consider it. You might have to wait over a year.
And to be honest i'm affraid that IF they changed something it's probably stuff that having not is what makes this bike great and keeps the price low.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

When i remember all the posts on the time people in America have to wait for a T7 i don't understand you even consider it. You might have to wait over a year.
And to be honest i'm affraid that IF they changed something it's probably stuff that having not is what makes this bike great and keeps the price low.

Said they would keep me in line.  

I never understood the waiting for the next bike model unless its a week wait.  Id rather be out riding NOW.  If something "so much better" comes along, Ill buy it later after it's come out.  Their is always new bike coming out better than the old ones.  Some would wait forever. Its all like the iPhone, "Its the best one we've ever made".  Duh, it better be, it's the newest...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DT675 said:

I never understood the waiting for the next bike model unless its a week wait.  Id rather be out riding NOW.  If something "so much better" comes along, Ill buy it later after it's come out.  Their is always new bike coming out better than the old ones.  Some would wait forever. Its all like the iPhone, "Its the best one we've ever made".  Duh, it better be, it's the newest...

Seriously everyone, my question was does anyone have any info about the 2023.  I’ve been on the VStrom forum for years, and the conversations there are usually pretty straightforward. 🙄.    Thanks everyone for your opinions.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WingVetteStrom said:

Seriously everyone, my question was does anyone have any info about the 2023.  I’ve been on the VStrom forum for years, and the conversations there are usually pretty straightforward. 🙄.    Thanks everyone for your opinions.  

Sorry, I've seen nothing on the 2023 standard model.  Not a peep.  Probably becasue all the rummor news is focused on the "Raid" for 2023.

• Like 1

Having spent a lot of time on Youtube and the forum in preparation for my purchase, if anything is changed I would guess:

-  Exhaust bracket?

- Suspension?

- Tubeless tires?

- Fuel capacity?

- Tail cleanup?

- More logical fuel reserve indication?

- Adjustable windscreen?

- Easier cylinder head removal for valves?

- Adjustable seat?

I've already ordered Alpina tubeless wheels from England.  

For those of you considering an Outex type seal or Woody's Wheel Works seal, realize that this will only work for the rear wheel, not the front, as the front rim doesn't have the extra inner "metal bead"necessary to properly hold a tubeless tire in place, spokes sealed or not.

Edited by WingVetteStrom

From what I was told by several local dealers here when I was sniffing around a couple of months ago to put a deposit on a 23 model (it was impossible to get a 2022..) I was told the MSRP will go up for sure. Nothing official is just what they think, but with all the prices going up and the inflation, that will probably be true. Since I saw they put that nice color display on the World Raid recently, I somehow think that will make its way thru the 2023 or 24 model year eventually. Maybe some throttle maps and ABS variations (see the Aprila Tuareg). If that's true, for sure the MSRP will go up.

For what I care I wouldn't want to pay more just to get a color display on a a bike that is so simple & purposefully otherwise, but that's just me..

• Like 1

It sounds like they already have the bike you are looking for with the Ténéré 700 World Raid???

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's coming to North America any time soon, since Yamaha seems to keep all the upgraded models for the UK, Europe and Australia.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/adventure/

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/motorcycle/off-road/adventure

Edited by Rocky_Mtn_T7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky_Mtn_T7 said:

It sounds like they already have the bike you are looking for with the Ténéré 700 World Raid???

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's coming to North America any time soon, since Yamaha seems to keep all the upgraded models for the UK, Europe and Australia.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/gb/en/products/motorcycles/adventure/

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/motorcycle/off-road/adventure

This bike is already really tall World raid even #^^%# taller. 

11 hours ago, WingVetteStrom said:

This bike is already really tall World raid even #^^%# taller. 

Not really. I just sat on one. It's hardly noticeable, and the seat is a big improvement (compared to the OEM seat).

Usually, in the past the US would get the EU models one year later. If this is true, it would really be nothing else but a different colour along with a higher price. From 21 to 22 nothing else was changed on the EU T7.

I really don't expect ANY entry on your above list to become true.

They would have changed it on the WR before (and they haven't).

My advice would also be: Get a current or even yesteryear's model, and do on it what you think needs to be done 🙂

54 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Not really. I just sat on one. It's hardly noticeable, and the seat is a big improvement (compared to the OEM seat).

Usually, in the past the US would get the EU models one year later. If this is true, it would really be nothing else but a different colour along with a higher price. From 21 to 22 nothing else was changed on the EU T7.

I really don't expect ANY entry on your above list to become true.

They would have changed it on the WR before (and they haven't).

My advice would also be: Get a current or even yesteryear's model, and do on it what you think needs to be done 🙂

Well, when you have a 30" inseam any additional height hurts.  I'm already tippy toe.  I bought a pair of boots with an additional 1" in height built inside the boot, and am taking my seat to Rich's Custom Seats here in the Seattle area, to have it lowered as much as possible without losing comfort.  He may even modify the seat pan to do this, and will insert a gel pad.  Will not lower bike using dog bone links and moving forks in the triple tree as that would reduce ground clearance.   One of the reasons I'm selling my VStrom is the lack of ground clearance.

I have my 2022 in the garage now and am #1 on a 2023 list.  If nothing significant changes, then will start bolting my farkles onto my 2022.

• Like 2