Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Riding Game

Larson627

Has anybody here ever participated in a riding game on any other forum? I used to frequent supermotojunkie.com and there was a great one going on there that was years long, 500+ pages, over 1 million views. If you aren't familiar, the rules are pretty simple - Someone posts a photo challenge, and the first person to accomplish the challenge gets to pick the next challenge. The challenge can be anything, but it should be reasonable/legal(ish?). (Post your bike with a classic car/in the Starbucks drive-through coated with mud/on a beach/with another Tenere/catching air, whatever you can come up with) Just has to be a new photo, no plucking from the archives. The objective isn't to "win" but to get you out on your bike having fun. 

Any takers? Feel free to do the honors and drop in and post a first challenge, maybe we can drum up a little fun! 

• Like 3

Sounds like it could be amusing, IF there were a pretty significant participation. Otherwise you have 4 dudes going, "hey, do this."

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

Never participated but heard of it.
Problem here is the intercontinental nature of the members, it can be done but it has to be wel thought out to work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Yeah, not many Star Bucks in Australia.

You don't miss out on anything with that.

• Like 3

The challenges would just have to be more open-ended. I.E. "Coffee chain" rather than specifying Starsucks. Can confirm, you aren't missing anything with your lack of watered-down, over-priced "coffee" from the green lady.🤮
#CoffeeSnob 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

Ive never been on supermotojunkie but have seen this.  Maybe on Thumpertalk or AdvRider.  Sounds interesting.

• Like 1

I'd be interested and would take part! Starsucks is new to me, thanks @PNGL 😁

I think "T7 + coffee" is what some guys (including me) have in mind... too unspecific for a first "challenge"?

4 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I'd be interested and would take part! Starsucks is new to me, thanks @PNGL 😁

I think "T7 + coffee" is what some guys (including me) have in mind... too unspecific for a first "challenge"?

That works! Like I said the goal is to have fun, I would say things can be very open to interpretation! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PNGL said:

The challenges would just have to be more open-ended. I.E. "Coffee chain" rather than specifying Starsucks. Can confirm, you aren't missing anything with your lack of watered-down, over-priced "coffee" from the green lady.🤮
#CoffeeSnob 

It was more of a dig at the GS community than anything 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

With an abandoned oldie in the woods.

IMG_4942 resized.jpg

:

Edited by one wheel drive
  • Like 1