Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Bought a used 75k Miles bike

Cruizin

Yep, been talking to a guy for a few weeks with an 07 Yamaha FJR1300.

don’t usually buy bikes with that many miles but the FJR 1300 is a long lasting bike if maintained. Everything the guy did to this bike  is in the FJR forums since he bought it. Everything  good and important has been done and farkled. From digital voltmeter mounted on top fairing panel to complete re wire with a hub under seat to Penske rear and GP suspension revalve and and sprung  for same weight settings as mine. $700 seat comfortable for true all day riding, new PR 5’s front and rear , bled and new brake, clutch fluid , the list of new stuff added over last two years is like 26 items, engine is in great shape.

Drove over to eastern Washington and back with a uhaul bike trailer for a steal. Rode it 1400 miles in the last 5 days and man, this bike is sweet. Ass never once got sore on this custom seat by a guy who went out of business so don’t know all the details but it’s best seat ever !!

This engine rocks. Hardly ever had to downshift to pass and usually just down from 5th to 4th, blink an eye and you are at 140 and climbing. And this is with two hard side cases fully loaded and a heavy Kriega dry bag on top stuffed full. 
Get this. 6.6 gallon fuel tank and even with all of the mountain passes and high speed runs, I averaged 40.2 mpg. No shet. 

used the grip warmers one cold morning and even with the thick grip foam , I felt heat thru my gloves. 

came with GPS mounted on a lockable touratech locking mount with keys , wired up to the bike. You would wake people up trying to steal this, I left it mounted at the hotels at night. Of course it was Montana and Idaho , where thieves get shot by property owners well within the local laws. Lol. 

This is “Silver”. 

3CFCB55E-FE0E-48D3-A6BC-658EA878319C.jpeg

EAF3B814-E054-4FDE-A6FC-9A383ECC10ED.jpeg3CF53E0D-25AD-47C8-AB3C-1BC58C566D70.jpeg15578F9D-EDF4-462B-B885-E6B2979B75E0.jpeg75ED7F06-DDE7-48D7-8C27-25D7E2EC6AEF.jpeg

4FACA903-FAB8-4954-B5C1-EED5E4B38A27.jpeg

• Like 9

Send the ECU off to Ivan.  The bike is transformed.   It is the ECU tuning that the bike should have come with!   Plus the bike actually gets higher MPG.  Call him and say “Redneck J told me to call you”.   I’ve been dealing with him since 2001.  

• Moderators

As one who is still trying to get over my withdrawal pains from selling my Gen I FJR, you're not helping!  The T7 is a great bike, but for the road, it ain't no FJR!

• Haha 2

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

2 years ago my local dealer had a brand new "5" year old leftover FJR (900 I think?) on the floor at a steeply discounted price.  Then, I thought I had no need for that kind of bike.  Today I deeply regret not picking that up.

Ive had 2 fjrs over the years. Fantastic bikes and reliable as they come. My last one was a red 2014 and I remember that year being on the cover of a bike magazine saying the fjr was the most reliable bike ever made.

• Like 1

Robert Crumb's "Keep on Truckin" is my guess.

Edited by Hibobb

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1978, Don't need no stink'n store bought luggage!

Oops, sorry @Cruizin This was supposed to be in the "Other Bikes" folder....

image.png.ddf7b5f2bb0d4334635708d2c291d44b.png

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~