Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 questions

WingVetteStrom

Just brought home a new 2022 T7.

-  Where can I get a paper shop manual?

-  I noticed that the clutch doesn't engage until the lever is almost all the way out.  This doesn't seem to "play in the friction zone" friendly.  Any way to adjust this?  I noticed that there's an aftermarket clutch cam that mounts at the engine but not sure that would change the engagement zone.  Free play seems correct.

Thanks

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

I run my clutch with a little extra free play for this reason.  It brings the friction point in toward the bar a little.

Shop manual, for a Yamaha?  Just ride it!  (kidding, but everything is on youtube about 150 times, and usually 3 or 4 methods most of which are better than OEM instructions)

I run quite a bit of free play to allow better feel of the clutch lever closer to the grip.  I would like to install a longer clutch release arm on the engine……same as I did on my Tracer 900 GT using a 3mm longer arm from a Yamaha R3.

• Like 1

Paper manual? There is a pdf file in one of the threads in here. I downloaded and printed ( at work ). I'll see if I can find it.

or here 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1975494/Yamaha-Tenere-700-2020.html

Edited by Rider 101
  • Like 3

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

Regarding the aftermarket clutch arm: It does exactly what you want, plus required less force. I recently installed it, more than worth the money!

See here:

• Like 4

Thanks everyone!!  Will order the clutch arm.  Next question:

On the ride home I wasn't real impressed with the braking.  As mentioned on YouTube the rear required quite a bit of travel before it bit, and the fronts seem a little "wooden".  I had upgraded my VStrom with Honda CBR600 brakes, and those really bit.

Anyone have any experience with alternate pads that have improved the braking?

Camel (from the link above that @Tenerider supplied) has "Galfer" pads as well.  They make a huge improvment.  My bike is older than yours, but I decided to bleed the brakes with fresh fluid, scrub the rotors with Brake Cleaner and install the Galfer pads.  The difference was immense and welcome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DT675 said:

Camel (from the link above that @Tenerider supplied) has "Galfer" pads as well.  They make a huge improvment.  My bike is older than yours, but I decided to bleed the brakes with fresh fluid, scrub the rotors with Brake Cleaner and install the Galfer pads.  The difference was immense and welcome!

What type of pads worked for you?  Sintered, non sintered, etc?