Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

paperwork from yamaha

DURTY-T7

I have still not rec'd my paperwork from Yamaha...  i'm just wondering if this is a common problem or not?

I purchased my tenere on 8/10/22... it's now 9/20/22 and i still have not rec'd my paperwork from Yamaha... which means i cannot get my registration/plate/or pay my taxes.  Louisiana law states that i have 40 days to do so and today is day 40.  i'm not sure what i should do.

thanks!

I would call the Yamaha dealer you purchased the bike from.   I doubt that corporate Yamaha will mail you anything but a congratulations for buying a Yamaha and/or an offer to purchase a Y. E. S. plan for your bike.  Several years ago it took almost three months for me to receive a title for a new motorcycle from the state of Illinois due to a larger backup of paperwork processing on the state level……..not a dealer problem.

• Like 1

Sorry about your situation, but for comparison in Estonia when dealer gets your bike, you can ride it out of dealership couple of days later with it registered on your name. One digital signature while watching netflix and thats it.

• Like 1

I have contacted the dealer several times... they use a private company for this and say that i cannot contact them, lol.

i'm going to call the local DMV and see what they say

thanks again!

• Confused 2

Im not sure I understand how you've had the bike for 40 days without paying taxes or getting you plate etc.  Wouldn't your purchasing dealer charge you taxes or did you buy this out of state?

I bought mine from out of state, the dealer did not charge me taxes(etc) and I had to rely on them to do some title transfer request paperwork thing from there state and I admit, it all come through just in the nick of time... Good luck!

• Like 1

well, private title company dropped the ball... i'm now at 41 days without my proper paperwork.  yes, out of state.

at least i know the are working on it now, lol

thanks again!

Edited by DURTY-T7
  • Sad 1

Weird 'merican ways. 

Here in the land of Oz we get plate and papers from dealer when it is picked up. Paperwork is usually interim until Services NSW send the originals.

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

11 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Weird 'merican ways. 

Here in the land of Oz we get plate and papers from dealer when it is picked up. Paperwork is usually interim until Services NSW send the originals.

Similar here. Dealers charge something like 50€ for this "service", but you can also do it in your own, as long as you have the paperwork (two documents, one of which is the COC, and a registration document with your bike's S/N (think of it as a birth certificate)).

Both documents are usually at Yamaha HQ as long as the bike is not sold, and they'll send it to the dealer within a few days.

Whoever possesses this document is regarded the legal owner of the bike, so you wouldn't take this one along.

If you get your bike licensed, you finally get some kind of "passport" for it, which you need to carry when you're on the road.

Can't be easier as in Germany! 🤪

48 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Can't be easier as in Germany!

Here in the Netherlands you just have to pay the bike, there are costs for getting the bije ready but you can negogiate the price (i never paid it).

Mostly it's a couple of days but it can even be the next day.

You get a creditcard size document to keep with you on the road as proof it's yours and registrered.

• Like 1