denis700

Ride it a lot, a bit too cold now.

Current updates:

Heated grips OEM - still not convinced

enduro engineering hand guards

carbon wrap side plastics and tank

HEED crash bars

tail tidy from aliexpress

footpegs from ebay - china stainless (ridden 2 years on hard enduro bike, no issues)

smallest indicators in existence - protech RC-80

windshield risers from T7rally - having some issues

mitas MC-23 rockrider tyres - excellent feel

chain lubrication GIDIBI - aliexpress

passenger pegs removed

seat cushion - ebay, extends the ride considerably

phone/navi holder to fit the bar - aliexpress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next plan:

aurora 3.600LM led bar 4x flood 2x spot - S5 model - on order

x-racing slip-on - soon

wait for chinese to make T7 headers

MT-07 clutch and brake levers - aliexpress - on order

custom rear chain guard from ALU - in the making

update the suspension - not yet sure which path to take

custom minimalistic graphic set, similar to the attachment

IMG_20191225_120141.jpg

Clip_3.jpg

Edited by denis700
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Check OEM Heated Grips are for set-up for over 600cc bike; as they come set-up for 50 cc scooter  to start with.

What size of Mitas  MC 23 tire did you put on the rear wheel?

I wonder if the OEM rim is suitable for 140/80 R18 tire, which is the biggest size for Rockrider tire. Can you tell me if the tire protects the edge of the rim enough? 

Grips are set to the highest of the three blinking options - max cc bike, and I can ride bare handed on the 3rd heat level without burning sensation.

I just got a notice, that left socket could be better for heat grips, while right is suited to power the aux lights, since yellow wire on the right connector is a negative, that switches long beam. If it will translate to more and constant heat, well see.

Tyres are 140 80 18 and can lean far better than stock STR's. Chipping occurs only if you dig yourself in a rocky sand rim deep. Othervise, no problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, denis700 said:

Grips are set to the highest of the three blinking options - max cc bike, and I can ride bare handed on the 3rd heat level without burning sensation.

I just got a notice, that left socket could be better for heat grips, while right is suited to power the aux lights, since yellow wire on the right connector is a negative, that switches long beam. If it will translate to more and constant heat, well see.

Tyres are 140 80 18 and can lean far better than stock STR's. Chipping occurs only if you dig yourself in a rocky sand rim deep. Othervise, no problems.

I use Mitas MC-23 Rockrider on my Dr650 and I like it very much.

Thanks for your info.