Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Australia

Wikky

Picked up my new '22 T7 just a few days ago. I've come off a heavily modified '20 V-Strom 650 which I put ~30,000km on since new...several multistate trips including outback Australia. Absolutely loved it but I found myself wanting something slightly more off-road focused, yet can still handle a 1000km day if need be. My wife said "life's too short, if it's what you really want just get it." I located a black one at a dealer only a couple of hours away and a week later I was riding home on the new steed. I'm mega chuffed with this bike, once set up it'll be my new long range companion. I have a truck load of parts coming this week and next (some from overseas as it's way cheaper) so I very much look forward to installing everything and finish running it in so I can really have some fun. I've only installed the centre stand and headlight protector so far (that's all that's turned up.....).

This forum has been a wealth of information in my research on the T7...what a great community it is. A mate and I are planning a 2 week trip through outback South Australia or New South Wales in a couple of months so that'll be its first big outing. I can't wait

Bike.jpg.5afb67d92d1a8b5403d06a1b452b7d9e.jpg.  

Edited by Wikky
  • Like 3

G'day mate, and welcome. I travelled 2 times in australia on my bike and really loved it. The outback tracks, the nature and the people.

• Like 1

👋 G'day from the Upper Hunter.

You'll love the T7

I like the more simplistic approach Yamaha did. No excessive electronics; just ABS ( that works quite well in gravel )

Have a look at a couple of my posts in the Oz section.

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

1 hour ago, Rider 101 said:

👋 G'day from the Upper Hunter.

You'll love the T7

I like the more simplistic approach Yamaha did. No excessive electronics; just ABS ( that works quite well in gravel )

Have a look at a couple of my posts in the Oz section.

Its basic electronics was a big selling point for me…I don’t need 96 different modes and settings for this and that. A good mate has a GS and he’s forever fumbling around with the settings. I prefer to just ride and adapt to the conditions as best I can…that’s half the challenge. 
I’ve come across a few of your posts whilst researching, very handy, cheers.

• Moderators

@Wikky Welcome to the forum.  Nice to see a new bike that's already gotten dirty. Enjoy the ride and just so ya know, farkling never stops!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS