Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2 Teneres for sale. SOLD

UtahJack

It is a sad day that I have decided to sell the two Teneres I have.

Both are 2021 White and Red models one with 775mi. the other with 8500mi. 

Both transferable "YES" extended warranties.

So many options on both bikes it will take me a little while to compose the list, Seat Concepts seats on both, Yamaha Aluminum side cases one, Endurastand Blizzard XL bags on the other, Yamaha center stands, engine guards, Barkbusters, Pivot Pegs and so on and so on.

I guess this is just kind of a heads up since I haven't compiled the upgrade lists yet or decided what appropriate price will be.

Bought the bikes to ride with wife but as you can see by the difference in mileage that plan didn't work out.

Hoping to find someone that wants both bikes just to make it easier.

I will update this post with pictures and list of options on both soon.

Edited by UtahJack
  • Like 2

UPDATE:

20221007_162450.jpg.dc188d076ee9351755527bdd044620d6.jpg

Really sad to see the go.

My bike has over $3500 in options, here is the list.

Transferable “YES” extended warranty 

Seat concepts one piece comfort seat 

Puig windscreen

12oClockLabs LED turn signals

Yamaha engine guard

Yamaha Main Stand

Pivot pegs

AXP racing skip plate

Yamaha radiator protection

Techspec grip pad's

Rear Grab handles

Heed rear crash bars

Yamaha chain guide

Tripleclamp Water pump housing cover

SW Motec KOBRA Handguard kit

Motion pro micro bleaders 

Touratech Break lever extension 

Enduristan Blizzard XL sidebags

Grip on grip covers. 

I was a little surprised that when I added up all the cost we have more in my wife's bike, over $3800 of add-ons on hers. Here is her bikes list.

Transferable “YES” extended warranty 

Yamaha radiator protection

Yamaha engine guard

SW Motec KOBRA Handguard kit

Techspec grip pad's

Yamaha Main Stand

Yamaha chain guide

Yamaha Aluminum side cases and rack

Seat concepts low comfort seat

Yamaha 40 mm lower links

Touratech Break lever extension 

Tripleclamp Water pump housing cover

Motion pro micro bleaders

Grip on grip covers. 

20221007_162511.jpg.50376471f0a2c74bbcb4d621af5589f7.jpg

20221007_163843.jpg.a763b907cc65f7101d93244b15150cce.jpg

20221007_162833.jpg.a10fec2e8c80e1295f525bf1dde0d82e.jpg20221007_162501.jpg.72f125fb387d8cb769d4846ee7c15843.jpg

• Like 1

According to the mileage you did go on your own, you can keep your bike and keep doing that.
It's good to have something of your own and the "you time" that comes with that.

@Ray Ride4life

You don't know how much of me wants that, but alas no.

Let me try to explain, I have been riding motorcycles for over fifty years, forty-one of those have involved the blessing of having a wife that rode and preferred her own bike. So much of the reason for buying these bikes where to have something we loved to do together.

I am sorry to say I think a lot of the love my wife had for riding has been replaced with fear and appreciation, reducing her confidence and inhibiting her ability. This increases her fear, producing a vicious circle that most likely would result in her getting hurt. 

In view of this, even though I would love to keep riding, you understand why I will happily be stopping and look forward to what tomorrow may hold for us. 

I have given a great deal of thought as to what would be a fair price, the bikes are basically new, and the transferable warranty makes that even more of a financial reality. 

My bike has been running Yamaha full synthetic since 1500mi. and I had planned on doing the same with my wife's when it reached that mark. Yamaha requires service at 600mi., 4000mi., 8000mi. My wife's bike has had its 600 mi. servicing and mine has had its 8000 mi. service so neither bike will need service for thousands of miles. That is unless you plan on changing over to synthetic as I did at 1500 mi. or so as break-in.

I have kept all the scheduled services and just added an additional oil change to synthetic at 1500mi.

The bikes do come with all the original parts and two new bike covers that have never been used.

The photos with the Yamaha hard cases and the Endurestan bags represent the first time they have been on the bikes, all are brand new and have never been used. The only time the hard cases have been out of their boxes was to key the lock the same as the bike.

In view of the care and condition of the bikes I feel $26000 for both to be a fair price, I will be taking a little loss because they are used but at the same time the bikes reflect that it shouldn't be a large loss. 

• UtahJack changed the title to 2 Teneres for sale. SOLD

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.