Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Back fire

Jeffer

I have the 22. T7

And went to a black widow headers and ankrapovik silencer.  Now especially high altitudes backfiring, crackling off gas. Do i need remapping to richen it up? Also lost some midrange power but gained low end. Really want the midrange power back

16653561945125576756878308806616.jpg

If you removed the cat (presumably as you said Black Widow headers) you need a flash.

Replaced the whole system on my 21 with a full black widow system. Didn’t like the loss of low/mid range so put the stock headers back on with the black widow can. It crackles a little bit, mainly below 4500rpm  but nothing too bad. Have you got any leaks anywhere, like at the start of the headers? A remap would definitely help. 

Edited by Robo
  • Like 1

Backfiring is a sign of richness not leanness, it's excess fuel burning in the headers.  If all else is good in the motor it's not a sign to worry about if it happens when you are decelerating.  If it happens at other times though?    Like @wintersdark said, you need to flash if you want to be sure you're not doing long term damage.

Edited by winddown