Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Forkshrink or not?

TheoremX

I really really dig the look of fork shrink.  Blacking out those forks with matte black covers and having them design it with a red KYB decal sounds legit, but… like I learned in a previous post, I gotta be more conscious about corrosion.  Pretty sure the forks are aluminum right? Any thoughts on that product?  I’m afraid of water getting behind it. *it is a type of heat shrink*A30DA58C-9C3E-4F18-A30B-58BE3A7BC0DC.png.f98a808e2194d3ac1f044a462734f7d9.png

Edited by TheoremX

The upper protector will make removal of the forks more problematic as you will need to pry the lower clamps apart to drop the fork out.

Most likely scratch the hell out of the upper fork shrink during removals and then need replacement.

They look nice, but if I wanted something to protect the tubes I would use one of the other fork guards that are out there.  Acerbis and many others have similar products that are considerably cheaper.

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, williestreet said:

The upper protector will make removal of the forks more problematic as you will need to pry the lower clamps apart to drop the fork out.

Most likely scratch the hell out of the upper fork shrink during removals and then need replacement.

They look nice, but if I wanted something to protect the tubes I would use one of the other fork guards that are out there.  Acerbis and many others have similar products that are considerably cheaper.

Just my 2 cents. 

I’ll definitely take that into consideration.