Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Good morning from a frosty Aberdeen

georgeinabz

Hello all just picked a Tenere from Dartmoor, long ride back to Aberdeen via Chelmsford where got 1st service done,great bike but that seat will require attention 🙂 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, georgeinabz said:

Hello all just picked a Tenere from Dartmoor, long ride back to Aberdeen via Chelmsford where got 1st service done,great bike but that seat will require attention 🙂 

Your seat too, probably, after that Helluva first ride home 😬

Greetings and welcome - I'm in Moray so practically neighbours. Don't see so many Teneres on the roads up here so good to know there's another. 

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

I'm about to plan a trip to Scotland for Easter 2023. Can't wait visiting your country for the first time!

P.S.: Most taller riders (including me) like the OEM Rally seat much better. Its profile is flatter, you'll be able to move around much easier, which I find relaxing.

There are two versions, one roughly 2cm higher (standard on Rally models, Yamaha printed onto its sides), and one 4cm higher (no logo, I've got this one).

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wharfe said:

Your seat too, probably, after that Helluva first ride home 😬

Greetings and welcome - I'm in Moray so practically neighbours. Don't see so many Teneres on the roads up here so good to know there's another. 

A couple of my pals have T7's so was able to test ride , a bit disappointing no dealer in Aberdeen but my understanding was that they weren't interested in the additional costing for the new Yamaha corporate design to the showroom.

Congratulations, that's some ride home you are right about the seat just ordered a Sergeant seat hopefully that will sort the problem.

Hi bud, welcome. Hoping to do Scotland to see an old mate next year. As @Teneriderhas said, the early +40mm rally seat is a great addition. And as your in northern lights territory, heated grips are back on sale in Yamahas catalogue again. I’ll be investing soon  🥶👍

dougie. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dougie said:

Hi bud, welcome. Hoping to do Scotland to see an old mate next year. As @Teneriderhas said, the early +40mm rally seat is a great addition. And as your in northern lights territory, heated grips are back on sale in Yamahas catalogue again. I’ll be investing soon  🥶👍

dougie. 

Thanks , the bike came with Oxford grips , currently installing a din socket for my heated jacket , missed that on Saturday night

• Like 1

Dougie are you sure about those Yamaha heated grips? I got them from new on my MT09SP and compared to the Oxfords I put on my Tenere they are cr@p. As in- not actually that warm. Debating binning them in favour of Oxfords as the MT is my preferred (very) early morning commuter. 

52 minutes ago, Wharfe said:

Dougie are you sure about those Yamaha heated grips? I got them from new on my MT09SP and compared to the Oxfords I put on my Tenere they are cr@p. As in- not actually that warm. Debating binning them in favour of Oxfords as the MT is my preferred (very) early morning commuter. 

I also am a fan of oxfords, got them on my 600. I know in the early days, there were issues of not being hot (Yamaha)  but I think someone found an adjustment to be done for full heat. But Yamaha did withdraw them for a while so maybe a lot were crap. Only noticed the other day they were on the t7 wr page so got me thinking. Maybe they’ve sorted them? Maybe they really are still shite? 
maybe one of the lads with a new bike might be able to let us know? 🤔 cos it’s nearly frosty morning time here too. 🥶

https://www.tenere700.net/topic/416-yamaha-heated-grips-not-as-good-as-oxford-or-are-they/

this was the earlier discussion. And another thread revealed they had been discontinued. So hopefully the new ones for sale are up to the job. I do like the grip control, not the usual  bar mount ones. 
we need a review. Cmon lads. 

2E81D4A0-DBB5-4ADB-AB4C-14B695780C27.png

Edited by Dougie

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

Triple what I paid for my Oxford adventure grips -

Yeah, a bit steep.