Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Nick Sanders says the T-7 is 170 KG's /374 lbs!

Cruizin

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/nick-sanders-yamahas-tenere-700/

Great interview with Nick Sanders who has tested the T-7.

374 lbs is a ton lighter then I thought it would be, even lighter then the MT-07.  And he confirmed that the production model will be unvieled at the EIMCA show in November!

Wow!!!!

• Like 1

375# is bout how light my stripped down FZ-07 is after removing all kinds of junk even the stock airbox was tossed... granted it could be bout #10 lighter with a LiPo battery, fancy CF wheels/wire wheels, etc... thats 25# weight loss from stock wet weight of #400...

Edited by norcal616
  • Thanks 1

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

• Premium Member

Great news and interview! I just cannot wait to see what EICMA will bring. ?

Fabros

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fabros said:

Great news and interview! I just cannot wait to see what EICMA will bring. ?

Fabros

I'm going to EICMA on 10th. So I will get as much information as I can.

And a lot of photos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, krucymucy said:

And a lot of photos.

If so, Ill make you a premium member of this forum for life. When we add banner ads someday, you'll never even see them, expanded picture storage, other perks too. 

Those pics, vids and info will be awesome to read on the tenere700 forum! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, krucymucy said:

And a lot of photos.

I may beat you, then. ? 

Fabros

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fabros said:

I may beat you, then. ? 

Fabros

You're closer i suppose. Anyways the more photos and informations the better. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, krucymucy said:

You're closer i suppose. Anyways the more photos and informations the better. 

Of course! I will not go there personally, but my in-laws run Norway´s largest Yamaha store, so they will be there the 6th. ? 

Fabros

we need pictures of the suspension- the details will tell... im hoping for the tried/true KYB SSS-

2012-WR250F...2015-FZ-07(Hordpower edition 80whp)...2015- FJ-09 Graves Exhaust Woolich Tune/Kit 120whp

I‘ll be ar EICMA at the press-previewday (wednesday before start at thursday). We‘ll keep you and facebook informed - i‘m there with a pro-photographer. 

Really looking forward.

PS: 170kg dry (190 wet) i‘m expecting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, deandy said:

I‘ll be ar EICMA at the press-previewday (wednesday before start at thursday). We‘ll keep you and facebook informed - i‘m there with a pro-photographer. 

Really looking forward.

That sounds about right to me

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I wonder where they lost the weight because the MT-07 (same engine) is a little over 400 lbs wet.  And this bike has a longer wheelbase, more tank, linkage and taller suspension. 

I think the service weight will be around 190kg, while the MT07 is 182kg. The service weight of the MT07 is with 3 litres of oil and 14 litres of fuel, a total of approximately 17kg. That means that the dry weight of the MT07 is 165kg. I think a gain of 5kg on the Tenere is realistic. They have probably saved weight in some places, but the “package” is likely to be heavier.

Fabros

On 10/20/2018 at 10:57 PM, deandy said:

Really looking forward.

Please consider posting pics here first and then sharing our pic links to facebook, so we get more visitors/members.  I like facebook groups, but they are only just one thread, have no way to keep helpful posts from getting buried on the bottom.   Thats what I prefer about forums, we are more than just "one thread" and we have specific boards set up for certain topics so helpful posts dont get buried and lost. 

I look forward to your pics on the 5th!  Would you like me to set up an article for you to post them in directly?  If so, your pics will go right into the front homepage of this website, full credit will be given to you.  Send me a PM if interested. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing the Production Model will be 190kg dry.  You can save a few kg's with an Akra zorst ?

I would be delighted at 180kg out the box and will order one tomorrow regardless of the price if its less that 180 kg standard and dry...

• Premium Member

I wonder if the difference in weight is the akrapovic pipe ? Or Nick was just smoking the pipe ??

Edited by PNWTEN

Well now they are saying 205 kg wet.  I guess about 185-190 dry

Nick was riding the prototype.   I can see how it could be 15kg lighter.  Carbon panels etc  Maybe he was wrong a bit, 175kg.  Then the delta is 10kg.

Production model can easily be 10-15kg heavier  ?

But when I saw the alloy side stand I had hopes...

All in all, it is way below expectation.  I don't like KTM but they know how to make light bikes... and them Eyetalians too...  Yamaha probly made the frame out of steam tube... and they will still ask $13,000 for the darn thing...

Time to revert to my "Tenerise-a-Tracer "idea... and I could have it on the road before these guys  ?  ?    

I'm underwhelmed.  Only that lovely little engine will save it.  Time will tell