Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from Maryland

Yamablueridge

Hey now,

I’ve been surfing this site since late August when I decided the Tenere was the replacement bike. Had a Speed twin and it was a great road bike. Then I bought my son a China 250 to learn on and the little air cooled 250 was fun and it opened up a new set of roads that I didn’t want to traverse on the speed twin.  The Tenere clicked all the boxes and then came the hard part, finding a new one that didn’t have a bump over MSRP. 

On to cycle trader. Found five on the east coast, some marked up 3k! My local Yamaha dealer had one coming but with a 6 person waiting list, major bummer. Decided to join as lucky #7 and damn if it didn’t pan out, happy new bike day!

I’ve nicked some great mods from here and the vendors have really been top notch. Looking forward to jumping in as I’ve been 1k miles and 1k dollars in mods in a month. Good thing the old lady is cool….

0ADB67D7-0BA6-46A2-B55E-40E934BD9C49.jpeg

• Like 5

you should check out the DAMN riders (if you haven't already)

Dual-Sporters/Adventurers of Maryland and Nearby

Mostly Va., Md. and Pa. folks who ride all flavors of bikes (Dirt/Dual Sport/Street)

Lots of local rides and such-Welcome to the T7 club!

I am in Annapolis, seems you are out western MD?

Edited by Firebolter

yeah it is not a club, it is just alot of like minded folks who ride together and have a BBS-Vary family oriented and good people.

• Like 1

Fire, thanks for the link, I’ll check it out. I’m in Washington county if you venture out this way, hit me up the shop is always open. Additionally, our golden retriever - Roofy-T loves to jump on new people. More importantly, I have spare tubes and a middling shop.

Lately, I’ve been riding up by Blair lake and the Whitetail resorts. Great roads and a few cool little pubs along the way. Hoping for a nice weekend as work is getting in the way of my riding time. 

yeah we ride out that way a fair bit, Greenridge and then up into Pa and such. Lot's of good back roads and forest roads out your way for sure. This a long thread, but it is one from early 2021 about an adventure ride we did out your way. Lots of info and such-believe it is page 8 and later where you can see the maps and track discussions for the western MD area

i-DvbGgRD-XL.png

Edited by Firebolter