Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Puig Crash Bars

TheoremX

Looking for any insight on Puig bars, I’ve seen tons of bikes with them and I do like how minimalistic they are. I also want good protection for my bike though, it’s between these and the heed bars.  
Given the way the bike falls, is it usually necessary to have full coverage like the heed bars, or will the Puig suffice? 
many input is appreciated!

I have the Outback Motortrek bars. Looking at where the contact points are on the crash bars when I crash or drop the bike, the Puig will be enough protection. But the problem I foresee with the Puigs are they don't have a crossbar in front. I would think they would eventually move inwards towards the plastics after a few solid drops.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Goody Boy said:

I have the Outback Motortrek bars. Looking at where the contact points are on the crash bars when I crash or drop the bike, the Puig will be enough protection. But the problem I foresee with the Puigs are they don't have a crossbar in front. I would think they would eventually move inwards towards the plastics after a few solid drops.

The crossbar is definitely a part of the decision making process for sure. The Puig bars are steel though, so maybe some more resistance to bending. From motostorm they are also $142 vs 260-270 for the heed bars.