Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Camel

Yamablueridge

I bought a few items before taking delivery of the bike. One of them was an Amazon tail tidy and it fit but the license plate was low and I’ve had more than a few tire rubs on plates with other bikes. So I decided to try out the Camel stuff, bought the tail tidy and a bash plate. The service was fantastic and it’s always nice to see companies appreciate their customers. 

After a 200 mile day of riding my left wrist was crying for a one finger clutch arm, so a second order to Camel for the arm. Same great service. Although, I’m a dumbass for not ordering all three at the same time to save on shipping. 

All of the installs are super easy with the videos. 

C107FE41-3FE4-4546-9975-668D57B925EB.jpeg

• Like 2

Great to hear this as I just ordered about $400 worth of goodies from Camel. I even ordered the new brake pedal in advance seeing how the OEM rear brake setup is almost nonexistent.  

• Like 1

• Supporting Vendor
9 hours ago, Yamablueridge said:

I bought a few items before taking delivery of the bike. One of them was an Amazon tail tidy and it fit but the license plate was low and I’ve had more than a few tire rubs on plates with other bikes. So I decided to try out the Camel stuff, bought the tail tidy and a bash plate. The service was fantastic and it’s always nice to see companies appreciate their customers. 

After a 200 mile day of riding my left wrist was crying for a one finger clutch arm, so a second order to Camel for the arm. Same great service. Although, I’m a dumbass for not ordering all three at the same time to save on shipping. 

All of the installs are super easy with the videos. 

C107FE41-3FE4-4546-9975-668D57B925EB.jpeg

Thanks for your business and the kind words here! 

Question: I see you have the shortie arm rather than the standard set-up, are you planning on running the OEM crash bars?

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

I bought the Yamaha crash bars with the bike and have not installed them. I’m still debating whether to install them or not. I’m a bit old and a bit small for single tracking the big girl.  

Yesterday I hit a lot of cambered gravel roads and had a few close calls on the left hand turns against the camber. It keeps me thinking…

Thanks again for the great service and parts. 

@Yamablueridge Please see this thread on the OEM crash bars.  The jist- use longer engine-to frame- to crash bar bolts even though Yamaha says to reuse them.  They are not long enough.

Thanks DT. I’m still on the fence with the crash bars.  The bike is so damn good on the bumpy, hilly, curvy 30mph roads we have in the blue ridge most my miles are on pavement. Proving that being old and scared of everything doesn’t stop the fun. 

Although I’m a Dunkin’ doughnut coffee dude, the derogatory Starbucks comment might apply; if my clothes were nicer and not spotted with oil. 

Installed the anti-bobble head kit yesterday. As with my other purchases from Camel ADV, shipping was quick and parts were as described. I know this is a relatively simple install, but I always appreciate the installation videos and associated tips and tricks.  I don't consider myself an accomplished mechanic and always learn something new. I continue to be impressed with Cory and his crew's commitment to the T7 and our tribe here. I love the fact that each part is handmade and touched by these master craftsmen. A fantastic resource for all of us. More Camel ADV parts/installations planned for the upcoming winter months here in Oregon!

SO, the bobble head is next on my list. The strobe effect when passing road signs has me wondering WTF was Yamaha thinking. 

• Like 1