Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Found-OEM heated grips.

AZJW

• Moderators

Looking for a set of Yamaha OEM heated grips and associated wiring. Out of stock currently and hoping someone has an uninstalled set and went with something else.

Part # B67-H29A0-V0-00 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Have had a set on my T7 now for almost 2 years. Thinking about pulling them of and replacing them with something else. They are not that hot, and the grips are quite hard. More like plastic than a rubber grip. Not very comfortable in rough terrain. 
If I was in your shoes, I would get the factory plug(s) from Eastern Beaver and wire up some under grip heaters with  a nice set of MX grips on top. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thanks for the feedback,  but I've had the oem heated grips on my T7 for over 2 years and think they're fine. Needing a second set for my son's T7.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Yamaha quit sell them because they are not very good. Mine barely warm up. (Yamaha part)

37 minutes ago, 174ktm said:

Yamaha quit sell them because they are not very good. Mine barely warm up. (Yamaha part)

Yamaha has a new part number for heated grips. Just ordered them last month. ETA 3-November.

• Like 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Black99S said:

Yamaha has a new part number for heated grips. Just ordered them last month. ETA 3-November.

Got a link you can share or did you have to go through a Yamaha dealer?

1 hour ago, AZJW said:

Got a link you can share or did you have to go through a Yamaha dealer?

OK, Heated grips.

Couple weeks ago Yamaha Canada was showing 2 part #'s for heated grips on the web site.  

GA Checkpoint said they were the old and new #'s and ordered me the new part. Said both included the cable to plug into the triangular 3-pin harness connector but not the grip spacer.

Today both old and new part numbers  are non-existent on the yamaha-motor.ca website. And I can't remember what they ordered.

Looking deeper

YME-F2960-10-00 are the 'discontinued' grips with cable that require YME-F296E-00-00 grip spacer 

B67-H29A0-V0-00 is what I think Checkpoint ordered - same as the YME grips  but requires the YME spacer and BC6-H253L-00-00 Grip Warmer Connector Cable.

We'll see what shows up. I understand the Yamaha T7 grips are programmable - different heat levels for scooter, dual sport and ADV bikes. Don't know if those that complain they aren't hot enough have not programmed them correctly?

Edited by Black99S

I have a brand new set sitting on the shelf.  They came with my bike, but I dont need them in Hawaii. 

20221023_194347.jpg

• Moderators

@Chris618 Pm inbound

• AZJW changed the title to Found-OEM heated grips.
  • Moderators

Thx @Chris618 !